Took your advice, now I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
ok so I bought a new radiator and prop valve and I have some questions, how do I wire the brake lights for the prop valve, and with the radiator, does it have a transmission cooler in it or do I need to use my old one? It has the transmission line ports im just not sure if there is anything else I need.

Attachments

• IMG_2511.JPG
    IMG_2511.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2512.JPG
    IMG_2512.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 208

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
If the new rad is for an automatic it will have the female fittings on the side if it , simply screw transmission lines in them. Nothing else is needed unless you have a outside cooler.
Your brake lines are activated from a switch on the brake pedal not the proportioning valve.

Last edited:

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Your brake lines are activated from a switch on the brake pedal not the proportioning valve.

The "why isn't my car stopping and why is the words BRAKE on my dash lit up" switch is on the combination valve.

It looks like the wilwood valve has a switch on it. When one side or the other side fails, the switch should close, same as the factory switch.

Reactions: 1 user

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
May I ask why you didn't buy a replacement proportioning valve.
guys quit roastin my *ss i was going to have to do this sooner or later so i might as well just do it now, im going to also be towing with this so itll hopefully be useful

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
The "why isn't my car stopping and why is the words BRAKE on my dash lit up" switch is on the combination valve.

It looks like the wilwood valve has a switch on it. When one side or the other side fails, the switch should close, same as the factory switch.

My comment was suppose to say Brake lights not "line" which would refer to his tail lights ! Which his how he asked the question .
Referring to dash/cluster brake light, yes there is a plug on the portion valve that lights the dash Brake light when there is a malfunction in the system.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Hold off on installing all that fancy brake stuff for now. Just amass the parts, and do it all in one fell swoop. But keep track of everything. Get some cheap shelves, boxes, and a sharpie and mark what parts are where. Install that radiator, test with water first, if no leaks, drain and fill with coolant. Expect to make a giant mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor