TOP SPEED

Status
Not open for further replies.

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
whats the top speed of a 79 caballero with 350...with only 170 hp i cant imagine it would be fast

110, 120 mph?

... just throwin it out there... I know the 305 HOs were outta puff just after 100mph

depends on the rear gear and tirediameter. my 305 with ~140hp on the tires, runs 120mph with 205/70x14 and 2,73 gear

oh ok cause as far as i know gearing/rim and tire are stock and my spedo is broke and the fastest i know for sure cause my buddy was next to me was like 80 but i blew past him

how much hp do you get from adding mods like long tube headers....edelbrock performer eps intake manifold...and do you get anything from a dizzy that would be noticeable....ohhh and a how much did i gain from my edelbrock and hooker stickers...i know thats where the real power is :rofl:

my 305 ho with no smog pump, egr and some flowmasters made it to 120, that was before the TES headers and eddy performer

Well a new/performance distributor will provide you with better spark and fuel burning capabilities so, yes in a small way it could be a small gain in power number. Noticeable on a street engine? Most likely, no.

I had my car to about 125 mph when I first put the 350 in and it was still pullin pretty decent. It was pretty scary aswell. I have completely stock suspension (who knows how old it is or how many miles are on it) and I have the 2.41 airplane rear-end gears. After I rebuild my suspension and get a decent set of tires on the car, I would love to peg my 160 mph speedometer :twisted:

houndin101 said:
whats the top speed of a 79 caballero with 350...with only 170 hp i cant imagine it would be fast

I got some good news for ya...according to wikikikikiki......the lowest HP for a 350 was 190.....

pontiacgp said:
houndin101 said:

I got some good news for ya...according to wikikikikiki......the lowest HP for a 350 was 190.....
lol this is news i like lol my goal is to get it to 300hp

120 or 125 aint bad lol and i know i was flyin but broken spedo lol flew by my buddy he was going 80 lol and yes it is very scary that fast cause suspension is crappy at best

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor