just a random pic of the new converter.

Attachments

• IMG_20110206_142535.jpg
    IMG_20110206_142535.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 732

carpenter383

Apprentice
Jan 22, 2011
The input shaft in the trans should just pull straight out. I would pull it out and see if it fits into the converter correctly. The input shaft is the smallest shaft in the center of the pump.
Also make sure the pump gear turns freely, it's what the flat spots on the converter hub fit into.

matt79

Greasemonkey
Dec 9, 2010
Minnesota
carpenter383 said:
The input shaft in the trans should just pull straight out. I would pull it out and see if it fits into the converter correctly. The input shaft is the smallest shaft in the center of the pump.
Also make sure the pump gear turns freely, it's what the flat spots on the converter hub fit into.
ok thanks ill try that

carpenter383

Apprentice
Jan 22, 2011
matt79 said:
carpenter383 said:
ok thanks ill try that

Let us know what you find out

matt79

Greasemonkey
Dec 9, 2010
Minnesota
carpenter383 said:
thanks i got it on seems like the input shaft wasn’t in all the way and that’s why it wouldn’t seat completely :wtf: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor