Trans speedo help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Apprentice
May 26, 2015
I like the Speedhut gauges because you can customize them to match your existing gauges or to just make a different style that you like.
I agree. I was just changing some of the colors and I really like it. I'm not sure if I could get it to fit into my current cluster but I really like this idea and it records 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Thanks again because i may be getting this lol

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
After some research i have found a kit to swap out the electronic one with the mechanical one on ebay for $83 so i might be looking into that. Its much easier than finding a tail housing and still having to swap out gears.

Yeah, all of the pieces to do this are dirt cheap. I'm surprised people are still asking over $300 for this. It won't be long before an app on your phone calibrates your speedo thru a bluetooth box for $50.

Stuart

Apprentice
May 26, 2015
Yeah, all of the pieces to do this are dirt cheap. I'm surprised people are still asking over $300 for this. It won't be long before an app on your phone calibrates your speedo thru a bluetooth box for $50.
For the price i like the gear swap but i really like the gps style so i wont have to worry about changing rear ends or tires and its super accurate. It's just a bit expensive. I'll have to start saving my pennies and just go big

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm getting this from my Aug '92 issue of Hot Rod, GM p/n 8673406 would be what you'll need for a mechanical speedo drive tail housing. Thats listed as a D body (Caddy Broughm) part. I'm not sure about B body units but here are the p/n's: 8642231 ('82-'84) & 8667634 ('85-'90). I wish I had info on C body housing but those may be the same as the D body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor