Trans

Status
Not open for further replies.

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
You will need to get the proper transmission crosmember, or modify the stock one. You will also most likely need to shorten your drive shaft.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Yes !

IMG_4066.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
350 transmission if you insist on not having OD. 2004R if you want OD.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I bought a 350 engine. I’m taking a 6 cylinder out. So should I just ge a 350 trans?

That would probably be the simplest program, most economical, and be reliable as well. Of course you need to keep track of the Chevy or BOP bolt pattern based on what engine your grab (Chevy or non-Chevy). A TH350 will work just fine with correct gearing and TC based on how you intend to use it and how much you intend to use it.

I've seen A LOT of guys spend the money and effort to put in OD transmissions, whether auto or manual, in a car that gets driven less than 1000 miles annually. If you aren't going to be driving 1000+ miles on the highway a year, then the OD could be lived without. Of course, if you funds allow, then put in the OD. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with a TH350 behind a 250-375HP small block - IMO of course :)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Donnel - It might help if you informed us what your intensions are an as stated what engine your putting in. You currently have BOP set up and it could be a 350.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor