Truck 350?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
pontiacgp said:
since you want to use alot of parts from the truck it might be easier to remove the truck body and drop the GP body on the truck's frame.... :)
Hahaha, good luck with that~! Then you'd have yourself the only 4x4 GP I've ever seen! Lol :lol:

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
averagewhiteboy said:
Imagine the grip you'd get when you launched off the line.

:wink:
The kind of grip you get when you snap Transfer Cases and spider gears! LOL Don't forget I'd be a year round daily driver! :D

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I can't wait to see the pics when your done building a 4x4 GP......and remember it was my idea... 8)

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Here in London,Ont. there is a Pinto that is 4x4'd with about 38" tires. It's actually owned/built by my transmission guy. And I've seen a Mustang(87-93) that is sitting on a Bronco frame. The plates on the Mustang are are a shorrt form of "FRANKENSTANG". I don't remember what the exact letters are.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Thats funny about the Mustang! I've seen a '72 Malibu wagon on a truck frame, running 35" tires... wasn't exactly the most practical thing ever but deff. out of the ordinary

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I've seen a few wild things like that before. However, I went and drove the truck the other day. Turns out that it's actually a 1990. GMC Sierra full-size. It's a 4 speed overdrive with 4WD. And howabout this, a carb. All along I was assuming it was the FI one. lol. Basically, he wants 400 for everything. The truck complete. If anyone else in the Pittsburgh driving area needs a winter beater, here it is. Let me know. but is 400 too much? It's got 160 some thousand on it. Still runs pretty solid. I'm not super sure about everything matching-wise, I just made a mental note that it was a 350 and my GP has a 231 right now.

:roll: :wink:

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
If it's all in good working order $400 sounds good! Why not, it'll make a good winter vehicle and when something breaks you can part it out. If its a '90 then it will be TBI (Throttle Body Injected) It'll look like a carb but it's fuel injected, its all electronicaly controlled. My mom had a '92 and they were identical. GMC changed the grill a little bit. Have you tried the 4x4, I know those trucks had problems with Transfer Cases. Sounds good though :eek:

skife

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2006
cedar springs, mi / Lima, oh
i'm quite sure in the 90's trucks they only transmission's they used were the

4L60, 4L60E, and the 4L80E
4L60 is the 700r4

the 4L60 would definatally work, you'd have to cut your driveshaft though.
the 4L60E or the 4L80E wouldn't work at all, unless you had a Transmission computer, TCI makes them.

okay, anyways, to use the motor in your car, you'd have to either snag the ECM from the truck and parts of the wiring harness, or you could go and buy a Vortec intake manifold for use with a 4 barrel carb, you'd also need to get a 4 barrel carb. and an HEI vaccume advance distributer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor