True Dual Flowmasters help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
I was REALLY hoping to put true duals with flowmasters and cut-off valves on my 86 cutlass.... there's just one problem... how do i get this to work with the O2 sensor?? is there a way to omit this w/o altering engine performance? ...or is there a way to wire two into the system?

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
i would just wire it into one bank, not both. probably the passenger side since the wiring should already be on that side. :D

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
well i thought about that, but then the o2 sensor would only pick up half of the gases created by the engine and put off a signal that it's running lean and alter the way it runs as well as set off the check engine light, would it not?

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
It would not read lean its just takeing the information or reading from half the cylinders instead of all of them. You should put in an H or X pipe anyway then you can take the reading from their and be looking at a batch reading that includes all the cylinders as its designed for. Although the H or X obsoletes the Flowmaster pulse thing and mellows the patented flowmaster sound. The thing is whats most important to you saying you have flowmasters and the unaltered flowmaster sound or best performance and readings. fwiw If its best performance & readings with only good sound as a requirement then you can actually save some coin get a less expensive better flowing muffler than the flows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor