Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
My T-type and my GN had the factory carpet kits:
Factorytrunkkit.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I just used a flat piece of trunkliner that I had laying around the shop (since 2001). 85 Bonne did not have the tire well molded; it just folded over the edge a little. I traced the factory piece.
20171029_121414-jpg.76187

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Here's mine. Like I said the fit isn't 100% perfect, but I kinda just threw it into place when I installed it. If I spent an hour or so with a couple furring strips and some self-adhesive Velcro pieces, I could make it fit just about perfect.

IMG_20180731_094946594-2672x2004.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Here's mine. Like I said the fit isn't 100% perfect, but I kinda just threw it into place when I installed it. If I spent an hour or so with a couple furring strips and some self-adhesive Velcro pieces, I could make it fit just about perfect.

View attachment 93181

That is really nice work, if I lived close to you I'd drop my car off for an hour or so and go shoot some pool while you did your magic...:)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I just used a flat piece of trunkliner that I had laying around the shop (since 2001). 85 Bonne did not have the tire well molded; it just folded over the edge a little. I traced the factory piece.
20171029_121414-jpg.76187
It fits and functions like it's supposed to, so you're good. That's one thing I never did quite get about the trunk mats on some GM cars came with the little "dropoff" piece that went in the tire well a ways and some cars (like every one of my G-body Oldses) were simply cut out like paper dolls.

• Agree

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I am not sure about the hole I will look when I get home
That's interesting. I've never seen a G-body Cutlass factory mat cover the entire tire well in that fashion before. I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the assembly plant it was built in as to which they used. Probably not. That seems a bit fancy compared to the others.

I can tell you this, don't mess that thing up. You'll never find another one like that one, I'm betting.

• Agree

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Check this 83 Cutlass for sale (link below)....I was trying to find pictures of an 83 Cutlass VIN Y/9 without cruise for another thread about that possible wrong VIN 83 H/O when I stumbled on something else... TURNA can buy the whole car to replace his trunk mat...wonder if this is a Brougham only thing? I do know this, my 84 H/O, both 85 442s (gray one is sold), and my 87 442 all have/had original trunk mats and they were the die cut flat pieces. And the GM replacements I got from the dealer were the flat style as well.

Look at the trunk mat pics. Nice original looking car overall btw, considering.

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=161140

Why didn't they continue these? And another thing, unless I've missed it somewhere, I can't find any reference to the mat part number in the July 87 Olds parts books.

The mystery deepens....

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Check this 83 Cutlass for sale (link below)....I was trying to find pictures of an 83 Cutlass VIN Y/9 without cruise for another thread about that possible wrong VIN 83 H/O when I stumbled on something else... TURNA can buy the whole car to replace his trunk mat...wonder if this is a Brougham only thing? I do know this, my 84 H/O, both 85 442s (gray one is sold), and my 87 442 all have/had original trunk mats and they were the die cut flat pieces. And the GM replacements I got from the dealer were the flat style as well.

Look at the trunk mat pics. Nice original looking car overall btw, considering.

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=161140

Why didn't they continue these? And another thing, unless I've missed it somewhere, I can't find any reference to the mat part number in the July 87 Olds parts books.

The mystery deepens....

there is guy local to me that is on kijiji that is selling a trunk carpet from a 87 Cutlass but he hasn't got back to me yet. If it is like the one in that Cutlass then I'll buy it.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
And then there's this......a supposed 29K mile original 83 H/O. The wheels aren't original as they're 5 spoke mags, but the trunk mat is one of the flat ones. What gives??? Rhyme or reason- you would think there would be, but there seems to be none.

5139399-1983-oldsmobile-cutlass-std-c.jpg

And then there's THIS...… 87 Cutlass Supreme Brougham. Might be something to this brougham thing for the Cutlass.

Overall nice looking care with 59K miles. This is kinda fun. Never gave trunk mats any thought before. Zero.

https://www.carstory.com/detail/1987-oldsmobile-cutlass_supreme-louisa_ky-1G3GM11Y6HP320603

300x-

And ONE more link for an 84 Brougham....same style of trunk mat....
http://carsclassic24.com/oldsmobile...utlass-supreme-brougham-coupe-2-door-57l.html

I'm beginning to think the broughams came with a different mat. Never had one or had any interest in them, but it's still interesting.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor