Turn signal lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadep76

Greasemonkey
May 11, 2021
I got a 78 pontiac lemans and wondering if my headlights would be better, if it can be done, be put on a relay. When lights are on the right turnsignal on dash stays on. Works fine w lights off.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Check the front light harness grounds & look for splices to ensure the wires are mated to the correct circuits to rule all possible issues that bring on the turn signal on the dash before advancing to better lighting. I'd also suggest getting headlight assembles that allow you use H4 bulbs.

Reactions: 1 users

dadep76

Greasemonkey
May 11, 2021
OK cool. I know I only did new ground for headlights but not checked all wiring. My bulkhead is all greasy to and though maybe that's giving lights issue to. This is what my fuse panel under dash looks like. I'm still going though to see what's what under there.

Attachments

• 20210519_094725.jpg
    20210519_094725.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 77

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm not a fan of those parts store terminal ends making OE type ends isn't as easy due to not mant places carry them if even able to order them. If any of those are tied into a any lighting circuit look them over to rule them out from the problem.

Sep 18, 2020
Canada
Ive had a similar issue like that, it turned out that the gauge cluster's flimsy circut board connectors were pinched together so when the cluster lights were on, the turn signal light were on aswell.
1D2B6F7D-4056-4675-9931-2B20717871D6.jpeg

dadep76

Greasemonkey
May 11, 2021
Ive had a similar issue like that, it turned out that the gauge cluster's flimsy circut board connectors were pinched together so when the cluster lights were on, the turn signal light were on aswell. View attachment 219103
Socks cause I thought it was bulbs and ground and it was not. Lol. I was gonna run new wires from headlights and turn signals to bulkhead connector. I hate wires.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Clean the fuse panel with Spray Can of Electrical Contact Cleaner.

Along with the other stuff you are checking..., check fuses as well.

The metal can flasher units can be changed out for the electronic flasher units if you want, and they are more consistent. You have one for Signal and one for Hazard.

On the headlights; yes you can change to relay style circuit. Use 10 gauge wire from battery for supply, make sure to use same gage wire for the ground. Use 30 amp Fog Lamp or Fuel Pump relays, as they are designed to be "On" and stay on.

dadep76

Greasemonkey
May 11, 2021
OK cool. Sucks my fuse box is bad. Nothing is labeled but did test light fuse for dash lights and key on acc. Do I just spray elect contact cleaner and let sit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor