UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Bolt In Rear Lift Bar kit for the 1978-1988 GM G-Body

P/N- 3022
Priced at $379.99

UMI Performance, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of our new GM G-Body bolt on lift bar set. This trailing arm and bracket system relocates the rear lower arm pickup point for improved drag launch capability. The boxed trailing arm features offset sway bar holes to allow for a level factory bar even at the lowered position. The jig-built bolt-on brackets fit factory 7.5 and GN 8.5 rear axle housings and provide 3 position instant center adjustment. All UMI products are built from US Steel and are available in black and red powder coat. Hardware included. The 3022 is manufactured, tested and raced out of Philipsburg, PA – USA

WEBSITE LINK HERE

3022a_LRG.jpg

3022ab_LRG.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It looks like you are able to grease the bushings...UMI sure makes nice products

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
It looks like you are able to grease the bushings...UMI sure makes nice products

Their products are amazing as far as quality and design. One day I'll be able to afford some of their stuff :). I'd love to get my hands on a set of tubular front control arms, boxed rear LCAs with the fully adjustable uppers, 2 inch drop kit and some sway bars... I'm drooling just thinking about it:drool:.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
So, looking to hook up big block power but also want my '87 442 to turn and stop. Which control arm would you recommend? Posted here because others can probably benefit . . . thx!

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
So, looking to hook up big block power but also want my '87 442 to turn and stop. Which control arm would you recommend? Posted here because others can probably benefit . . . thx!

Hello, For this type of driving I would highly recommend lower control arms that have one side poly and the other side a Roto-Joint or rod end to allow articulation. For the upper control arms you can do the same thing, install polyurethane in the rear end housing and get a rear upper control arm with rod ends or Roto-Joints. Rod ends are more drag racing oriented while Roto-Joints are more street, medium drag and handling.

I hope this helps,
Ryan

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Hello, For this type of driving I would highly recommend lower control arms that have one side poly and the other side a Roto-Joint or rod end to allow articulation. For the upper control arms you can do the same thing, install polyurethane in the rear end housing and get a rear upper control arm with rod ends or Roto-Joints. Rod ends are more drag racing oriented while Roto-Joints are more street, medium drag and handling.

I hope this helps,
Ryan

Yes it does, thanks! I will be calling you guys eventually but thought it was probably worth posting here so others can learn too.

Another question: So, would I still want lower arm relocation brackets too for a best of both worlds [drag and auto-x] setup?

Truthfully, I will rarely be going to actual drag-strips and may try some auto-x but won't even be doing that regularly. I just want the car to hook up as good as possible under both conditions.

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Hello, yes the relocation brackets are excellent for tuning and makes it easy to switch from drag to street ect. However the downfall to the brackets on a G-Body is the rear sway bar mounting. Since the rear sway bar attaches to the rear control arms it makes these changes difficult and lowers the sway bar when using the brackets. The rear lift bars seen above have offset holes to maintain a nice level sway bar but don't allow you to use the factory control arm hole, they also have polyurethane bushings.

The best solution to get the car set up correctly is a chassis mounted sway bar that is not mounted to the control arms. With this set up you can run any control arm you want and make any adjustments you want with no worries. This is what we do on our track cars. A good sway bar to check out is #3044- http://umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_66&products_id=722

I hope all of that makes sense. Please let me know if not. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor