Unfortunate news

Had the tele meeting today. So there is Cancer residue still present. They want us there in Saskatoon for the first week in December. One month in hospital, a minimum of 3 months after, maybe 4 months or more is possible. We must be within an hour of Saskatoon for that time. The first month is easy $45 a day with meals at the Cancer Lodge. Once my Wife is out, $85 a day is much less appealing.

Soooo. . . just a wee bit of cancer? Have you researched the aforementioned camper option?

Soooo. . . just a wee bit of cancer? Have you researched the aforementioned camper option?
Not doing that in a Saskatchewan Winter🥶. Just because Stu Hart grew up in a tent near Saskatoon doesn't mean I want to try it out. Unfortunately, Igloo making wasn't handed down from my explorer relatives either, Dr Rae learned that among many things from the Inuit. I'm sure there will be a few options and I have time to find them.

. The first month is easy $45 a day with meals at the Cancer Lodge. Once my Wife is out, $85 a day is much less appealing.
And here I thought healthcare in Canada was completely free. It could be worse though. I meet my $8,000 maximum out-of-pocket deductible every year in January. 😳. After that everything is covered 100%. Not having good insurance would bankrupt me.

Reactions: olds307 and 403
Sorry to hear that. Prayers to you and your family.

The vast majority will be covered, we are seeing what the cost of the rejection drugs may be. Our drug costs are less than the US and my Wife has a good drug plan, a lot just costs us the $10 dispensing fee. Problem was last year's income, how they base the cost covered. In Hospital is always covered but she will be technically out taking those drugs for at least 3 months. We both made exceptional money for our positions last year, 150+K combined. We will probably be 50 below that from now until she gets Cancer free.

some hotels have monthly compassion rates and if you book a month at a time you do not get the extra lodging taxes sorry my hotel chain does not have a Saskatoon property I would call around ask for the front desk manager or the General manager they might be able to work something out .Wishing you the best of luck and your is my thoughts and prays good luck and all the best Jeff from Winnipeg

If all else falls, keep her strength up and DEMAND this therapy when all else fails. Hopefully, it won't come to that.

Yes, there one right by the Hospital that has the special rate. There should be a few options.

If all else falls, keep her strength up and DEMAND this therapy when all else fails. Hopefully, it won't come to that.
Her being a Nurse has helped a lot, she knows the questions to ask and they will go more in depth with her. My BIL basically had to constantly police them to make sure they gave my Sister In Law proper treatment. Unfortunately Graft vs Host killed her at 32.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor