"Unofficial 88 Cutlass build thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Car looks good. I like the mounted high look. I know lots of ppl love the lowered look, and that's cool. I like mine jacked lol. Call it what you want. Those rims look good on your car. I've been having fitment issues also. That's why I tried lifting the body, hoping that would solve my problem, however it didnt. I'm working on the suspension now. Those stock springs aren't sturdy enough, and I'm replacing tie rods etc. I have an appointment Tuesday for this. My next project tho, no big rims, lowered, and then trying my luck at the strip. Once I get the fitment issues fixed I want to throw these on. If you have any suggestions, please offer. What are some good springs?

Factory replacement springs and shocks from a v8 car with the right offset and low profile tire should be almost all you need. If you need a little extra put some twist in knuckles. What size tires are those diablos?

Reactions: 1 user

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
42238-735b954b756d94e256eb9dfd14ba0d45.jpg

The best look in my opinion, not a fan of raising a car to fit rims on.
Factory replacement springs and shocks from a v8 car with the right offset and low profile tire should be almost all you need. If you need a little extra put some twist in knuckles. What size tires are those diablos?

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I have put the 4s on yet but on the 22s yes. I can't recall the dimensions without going to check but I think they are 225 will check when I can get away with a break. They rub the rear frame during incline, and I have little room to turn the front. I thought a lift would solve it. I like the look lowered, but now I have too much money in this lift, and grew to like it. The issues are still there. I have the correct A arms, I have adjustable rear trailing arms. Im stuck until I get a pro to look at it. Or if one of you guys can help me out, I'm grateful!

Attachments

• 20160727_185621-1.jpg
    20160727_185621-1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 234

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
It's clear that I have little experience in car modifying. I wold have liked my car squatting on the 22s. I've seen so many cars with rims done all wrong. Instead of getting help, I did what I thought made sense
:blam: although I like the height of the car, originally, it wasn't intended. Now I want to keep the height but solve the rubbing problems, and get the handling as best I can. My stock shocks are gone. I have to crawl over railroad crossings. I hate that! Question, How do you tuck the bigger wheels into the wheel well, without them rubbing? Could have saved time, and money, if I knew this forum was around 1 year ago!:confused:

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I have put the 4s on yet but on the 22s yes. I can't recall the dimensions without going to check but I think they are 225 will check when I can get away with a break. They rub the rear frame during incline, and I have little room to turn the front. I thought a lift would solve it. I like the look lowered, but now I have too much money in this lift, and grew to like it. The issues are still there. I have the correct A arms, I have adjustable rear trailing arms. Im stuck until I get a pro to look at it. Or if one of you guys can help me out, I'm grateful!
That should have said I have not put the 4s on. It's because I know if the 22s rub so will the 4s.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Not necessarily true. What are the exact tire size of both 22 and 24s? Lug patterns, are you running adapters ?

A lot of people cut the wheelwells which is frowned upon, but you can trim the inner fender wells sometimes and go as far as to notch the rear frame. But, what it usually boils down to is improper offset and or too wide of a wheel and tire. Those 22s I believe are a higher positive offset than what would be preferable for a g body,while the Diablo 4s have more of a medium truck kind of offset. The higher the offset the more of the wheel there is inward to the vehicle. This would create more issues with rubbing on the frame, steering,and inner wheel wells. The more negative offset the further the wheel will stick out from the car typically. This would minimize the issues inside the wheel wells but might rub more on the outer lip or trim of the wheel well.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor