Update: Anubis prayer request

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Damn, sorry to hear youre going through this. Are you having his surgery done in a major hospital by surgeons that do this often ?

Reactions: 1 users

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
removing your colon is major but you can live without a colon without any major adjustments. Without your spleen and gallbladder, that is another story. Working on your digestive system is complicated and a long process. Nonetheless I wish a quick recovery.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Praying for a full recovery. Keep us updated as best you can.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Thanks for the care and concern guys. It really means a lot to me. My wife will have a laptop so when I am able I will provide an update. Situations like this change your priorities quickly and if I make it through this long term I plan to make some serious life style adjustments. If I don't make it though I know where I am going.
Statistics show that 2 in 1,000,000 people get this disease.....go figure....should I be playing the lottery? Thankfully I live in the Grand Rapids MI area which is a mecca for health care. Grand Rapids is one of 3 locations in the US that have oncologists trained for this type of procedure and are equipped to perform hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC). The other 2 are in Chicago and Pittsburgh PA.

Last edited:

Tom Lambert

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 25, 2018
Doug, I can identify with the problems you face. I'm a retired Engineer and a survivor, in 2007 I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. It hit me totally by surprise as I was a non-smoker, didn't drink, and was a marathon runner and had no symptoms. I was lucky that it was not into the blood system. I have been just fine with only 1 and 1/3 lungs and wish you all the best in your endeavor. I teach a class at Church and have an active prayer group. Our Heavenly Father was good to me and He has answered our prayers over the years. I sent your request to the group and we will be praying for you daily. I didn't mean to ramble on but God can and does work miracles.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 5 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I wish you good luck and a speedy recovery.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Very sorry to hear about your condition. I know it's hard but try and keep a good attitude about it. That's what kept my mother going she lived 10 years with stage 3 Cancer all the doctor said she was a walking miracle and they all said it was her good positive attitude that kept them going through her treatments. Stay strong 💪

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor