Update on my 1985 Buick Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Thanks for the pic! That's one awesome paint job! Getting mine painted now. Keeping it white. Hope it looks as good as yours.

Thanks! I'm sure yours will come out great. Mine was originally Medium Rosewood Metallic. A friend and I did the body and paint. Here's a couple before shots-

image (3)-960x701.jpg
image (2)-960x720.jpeg

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Nov 4, 2012
What'd you say you painted it? Kirker Dark Red Metallic, or something?

Yep, It's a bastardized version of Kirker Dark Garnet Red Metallic. It's got a 25-ish percent Kirker Jet Black tint and 2 or 3 ounces (can't remember, it's written somewhere) of House of Kolor Dark Gold Flake before 4 coats of my usual Transtar Kwik Gloss. Let's just hope I never have to match it lol.

That was a lot of work! Great job!

Thank you, it was laborious, but definitely paid off. Now if only I could get an engine in it so I can drive it!

Reactions: 1 user

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
Thinking about putting 15" x 7" Buick Rallye wheels with a 4" backspace on the old '85 Regal. Want to keep it looking as original as possible but want to fill up the wheel wells a little bit. Do you guys think this wheel will work on the car, and if so, what size tires would accommodate the wheels? I don't want it to look like a muscle car, just look a little more sporty. Thanks for any responses.

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
Thinking about putting 15" x 7" Buick Rallye wheels with a 4" backspace on the old '85 Regal. Want to keep it looking as original as possible but want to fill up the wheel wells a little bit. Do you guys think this wheel will work on the car, and if so, what size tires would accommodate the wheels? I don't want it to look like a muscle car, just look a little more sporty. Thanks for any responses.

Decided to keep stock wheels. Found the stock wheel paint color (dark chestnut metallic) and painted my wheels. Going for the stock classic look, white wall tires, going to up the tire size to a 215/70R x 14. Car is still in the process of getting new paint. Going with stock GM white, base coat, clear coat.

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
Decided to keep stock wheels. Found the stock wheel paint color (dark chestnut metallic) and painted my wheels. Going for the stock classic look, white wall tires, going to up the tire size to a 215/70R x 14. Car is still in the process of getting new paint. Going with stock GM white, base coat, clear coat.

Don’t know if I posted the correct way a few weeks ago, but looking for suggestions on how to fix my glove box. The knob/lock will not stay in the door. It will latch, lock and unlock, but not secured in door. Must be a retainer clip missing or something, but don’t see a place for one to go. Any help will be appreciated.

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
C676C06E-105F-4EA4-9B6E-13CBCFA2EABA.jpeg 3A01AA66-A592-4892-9A4C-8371B388D96A.jpeg
Thanks for the pic! That's one awesome paint job! Getting mine painted now. Keeping it white. Hope it looks as good as yours.

Those wheels may stick in a bit, 235 60 15s cooper cobras are a good all around tire. Look really nice on 15x7s. 255s are the widest id go on a 7 inch rim. Im a fan of the 86/87 (85?) t type wheels. They are also 15x7, backspace I think is 3.5". Don't remember for certain.

Decided to keep stock wheels(found stock wheel color, dark chestnut metallic) and go with stock classic look. Going to go with probably 215/70R x 14 white wall tires. Paint job going slow, got dent in passenger door repaired, have bought paint (GM linen white base coat, clear coat). Here’s a couple of pics at garage. C676C06E-105F-4EA4-9B6E-13CBCFA2EABA.jpeg 3A01AA66-A592-4892-9A4C-8371B388D96A.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
Don’t know if I posted the correct way a few weeks ago, but looking for suggestions on how to fix my glove box. The knob/lock will not stay in the door. It will latch, lock and unlock, but not secured in door. Must be a retainer clip missing or something, but don’t see a place for one to go. Any help will be appreciated.

Finally figured out glove box lock. Got it fixed.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor