Update on my 1985 Buick Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
In AZ parts for Regals are everywhere... All rust free ... there's a guy selling whole body for 75 Bucks..

Nov 4, 2012
There are still good doors around. It would be rare to find one in a junkyard, but there are G Body guys out there who have them. I bought a rust free pair of doors a year or two ago when I was doing the body on my '87 Regal. I paid a premium for them, but they saved me a lot of time and effort, and made for a nicer result in the end. My original doors were really rotted.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Trying to find a passenger door for my Regal. Got a pretty good dent in it, my body guy said it would be better to find a good door rather than trying to repair it. Might be hard to find one.

There are doors out there. They aren't as easy to find as they used to be but they're out there if you look. I lucked out when I bought my car, the guy included a set of good doors with the car. Car-part.com that PontiacGP posted is a good resource to finding parts. It's a network of salvage yards across the US. A lot of the places on there will ship parts too.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
expand your search to include cutlass doors... they're the same. these are the only 2 that interchange...

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
There are doors out there. They aren't as easy to find as they used to be but they're out there if you look. I lucked out when I bought my car, the guy included a set of good doors with the car. Car-part.com that PontiacGP posted is a good resource to finding parts. It's a network of salvage yards across the US. A lot of the places on there will ship parts too.

Thanks for all of your help on the door situation. Regal is in the paint shop now. Getting the door fixed. The dent popped out real good. Already smoothing it out. Almost ready to shoot the car with primer now.

Reactions: 2 users

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
Thinking about putting 15" x 7" Buick Rallye wheels with a 4" backspace on the old '85 Regal. Want to keep it looking as original as possible but want to fill up the wheel wells a little bit. Do you guys think this wheel will work on the car, and if so, what size tires would accommodate the wheels? I don't want it to look like a muscle car, just look a little more sporty. Thanks for any responses.

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
You'd be better off trying to repair the door than trying to find a rust free door.

Thanks! Took your advice. My body and paint guy popped the dent out with good results. Already got it smoothed out. Almost completed sanding whole car. Ready to prime almost.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Thinking about putting 15" x 7" Buick Rallye wheels with a 4" backspace on the old '85 Regal. Want to keep it looking as original as possible but want to fill up the wheel wells a little bit. Do you guys think this wheel will work on the car, and if so, what size tires would accommodate the wheels? I don't want it to look like a muscle car, just look a little more sporty. Thanks for any responses.
Those wheels may stick in a bit, 235 60 15s cooper cobras are a good all around tire. Look really nice on 15x7s. 255s are the widest id go on a 7 inch rim. Im a fan of the 86/87 (85?) t type wheels. They are also 15x7, backspace I think is 3.5". Don't remember for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor