upper ball joints

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
i have recently replaced all my front control arm bushings and ball joints and i was wonder which way should i mount the upper ball joint nut and bolts because they have longer threads... should i leave the long end facing down or flip them the opposite way so the long thread is facing upwards will post a pic later

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuruption1 ... 408590586/

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
I'm sorry I don't have anything to add here other than you are doing a really nice job on that front end....very clean.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
You want it so that if you're looking at the upper control arm as you would see it on the car, the heads of the bolts are all you see, so the threads of the bolts and the nuts should be on the under side so to speak, with the grease boot.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
fodoimp said:
I'm sorry I don't have anything to add here other than you are doing a really nice job on that front end....very clean.

thanks alot.. i just put my springs in today after waiting for a few weeks... i bout a electric impact wrench from harbor freight.... works GREAT will post pics tomorrow

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
you want the heads of the bolts on top so that if the nuts come off, the bolts stay and hold things together, at least for a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor