Vent Blower

Status
Not open for further replies.

85montess

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2007
CT
So the blower to my vents has stopped blowing, which blows ( no pun intended) because now all i do is fog up especially since new england love arctic conditions as of late. Does anyone have any ideas is to how to even go about solving this problem? Thanks.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Does the fan work on any setting at all? If it does then its probably either the relay or the fan switch. If not, start with the simple stuff, the fuse especially. The relay is a cheap (<$10) and simple swap. The fan motor is pretty easy to do, too, if it comes to that. The fan switch is a little more complicated, pull the control box from the dash and replace that switch inside the box.

You should also check the ground wire to the blower motor, pull that slip connector off and emory-paper off the rust and dirt and reconnect it. If its not contacting then the fan won't work no matter what.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
I had the same thing happen to me. Mine was blowing nothing at all, it turned out to be the relay. I discovered this after, i replaced the blower and the fan switch which is a big PITA. After doing those 2 things and it still didnt work I took it to my mechanic and he was able to find out it was the relay.

85montess

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2007
CT
ok, well here is a completely ridiculous question. Where is the relay located?

KMac

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2007
The same thing has happened with me. I haven't replaced the relay yet but like i can't get any air through the vents, only comes through at the feet and the defrost. Also, i know with my car it sounded like a flap or something would open and then it would blow out the vents, when i hear it open air comes through the vents, if not, no air

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
is it not blowing? or not blowing on the windshield?
i believe the mode door (vent, floor, windshield etc) is run off of engine vaccuum, may be a broken vac line.

if its just not blowing, get to testing things
if you need a wiring diagram or anything autozone and such will let you access mitchell on demand (partsource will too, if you're in canada)
worst comes to worst, pm me and i can get u one

85montess

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2007
CT
Likewise, the air just comes through the floor and the defrost vents but barely.

KMac

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2007
yeah same for me. I replaced the whole a/c switch (temperature and settings) last year and it worked great for the summer and then i didn't use it for a while and the mode door, if thats what it is hasn't opened since

85montess

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2007
CT
Is there only that one fuse box under the steering column on the floor? Is the relay located under the hood in the black box with the other relays and what not? and if the wire is burned out under the hood; the wire that powers the vent control panel I am assuming, what is the easiest way to replace it. Sorry about the noob questions, but i dont know to much about electrical "things"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor