Vinyl Roof-What is under there (padding)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
I have an '86 Regal with the factory partial vinyl roof. It's in good shape, but if I ever get to redoing the body, the vynil will have to be taken off just to make sure there is no rust under there or take care of it if there is. Anyway, what is under there in the form of padding and the stuff that makes the shape? Are the materials reusable, or are they cardboard or something?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
under the vinyl is foam and it's glued to the sheet metal so nothing is reusable....and it's not a fun job removing that foam. I used acetone and alot of 4 letter words... :|

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
yea there is foam padding under neath the vinyl , which it is glues, and a pain in the *ss to get off! lol, i scrapped the glue off with a putty knife, then sanded the rest off with a DA sander

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor