Volvo fan controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Getting ready to wire my 2 speed Lincoln Mark VIII fan in my wagon and I want to use the Volvo fan switch/controller. I can't seem to find a part number or what year/model Volvo to get it from. Can anyone help me out or should I just get a kit off of summit or what? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

H2O gbodies

Apprentice
May 2, 2009
Mark VIII fans aren't dual speed. Roughly 1984-96/97 series Volvos usually had the relays. I've seen them on models throughout those years.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
gmachinzz said:
Mark VIII fans aren't dual speed. Roughly 1984-96/97 series Volvos usually had the relays. I've seen them on models throughout those years.

Not trying to argue but all of them may not be 2 speed but mine is. Beeterolds has one on his car too. Mine is in my car now. I just hook it straight to the battery if I let it run a while or up and down the road a lil bit since it's not ready for the street yet.
I was actually looking for your username but couldn't remember it. I remembered someone making kits.

H2O gbodies

Apprentice
May 2, 2009
That is quite rare indeed if yours truly is a Mark VIII fan with two speeds. The RF T-bird fans look identical and are 2-speed. The Mark VIII all have a white plugin while the T-bird fans have black ones. Either way, if it dual speed, I've used the Volvo relays to run them with no issues. Its a much heavier duty relay than people realize-they are rated @ 40A max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor