Vortec 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
LT1...your mistaken.....there is no difference in the casting of a GM 350 4 bolt block or a 2 bolt block.

blk74nova

Apprentice
Oct 7, 2009
I just measured these 2 blocks at the center main right where the 2 outside bolts for the 4 bolt main would be with a digital dial caliper. They showed almost exactly the same numbers.
1217091121.jpg

1217091122.jpg

glhman222

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 28, 2009
i believe the 4 bolt main blocks gen 1 are heavier than the 2 bolt mains, this is second hand knowledge and i know nothing of the later blocks

blk74nova

Apprentice
Oct 7, 2009
The pics i posted show that the 4bolt main is bigger in the area LT1 is talking about. Really Lt1, what facts did u produce to prove your claim? If because you and your machinest said so I am supposed to just go ohhh ok and take it as fact, get real. And the mains pads where the caps sit arent machined they are cast that way. Look at your block, see the finish on the outside, thats what a casting finish looks like.

Where is your proof that the blocks were not cast the same?

I posted pics of a 2 bolt and a 4 bolt mains and anyone who can see can thell the 4 bolt has more meat in the spot you pointed out!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor