Vortec 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
LT1...please show me anything about GM making different 350 blocks. The example I used may not have suited you but those who have used splayed 4 bolt mains in a 350 used a 2 bolt main 350. The allegation was that 4 bolt main 350 was not as strong as a 2 bolt main since the extra hole weakened the rib and there has been no proof of that. Then it progressed that a 4 bolt block had thicker webs which is ludicrous. Blknova measured the webs and you still argue that we're wrong.. :roll:

blk74nova

Apprentice
Oct 7, 2009
So you have no proof that they were cast from different molds.
No proof that they are different in the area your talking about.

Im sure David Vizard and alot of other experts wouldnt say the 4 bolt main is stronger when it isnt.

But hey what do I know, your obviously all knowing.
Hell you know what motors I have built, how fast I have gone and everything. All I asked for was more info so I am more informed as is anyone else reading this thread.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
seeing as everything except the main caps are interchangeable from one 350 to another (excepting the LS blocks of course) there can't be a real difference between the 2 and 4 bolts. furthermore, you can (relatively) easily turn a 2bolt into a 4. obviously there's no real difference. and seeing as (i think) the 2 bolts have the exact same bolt holes as the (inner) 4bolts how can there be a significant advantage to the 2? the extra mass lies outside the clamping area. will it make a huge difference? at semi-normal pressures and RPM's---no. but the extra holes do allow for load distribution making the 4-bolt better at higher rpms and maybe nitrous.

madmaxstyle

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2009
Alberta
its true. There is no difference in the block. Only how many bolts are in the main bearing caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor