Gainesville, Fl
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Weirdness, page is blank with chrome and IE. Granted, they are older versions, but have not had problems elsewhere yet. Same deal when i tried the link in Junior's thread over on MR

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I may buy this just to see.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The profile doesn't look much more different than the Voyager/ Caravan seal...although, looking at trunk seals for various GM cars, they do have a squarer shape/ profile more like the original wagon seal, but without the added skirt around the base.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
The profile doesn't look much more different than the Voyager/ Caravan seal...although, looking at trunk seals for various GM cars, they do have a squarer shape/ profile more like the original wagon seal, but without the added skirt around the base.
I think the added skirt adds to debris collection and rot, so not having that is fine with me. When I repaired the rot and seams in that area I just smoothed everything out better so it looks nicer.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think the added skirt adds to debris collection and rot, so not having that is fine with me. When I repaired the rot and seams in that area I just smoothed everything out better so it looks nicer.
Jim,
You're right about that added skirt being a debris collector. I think that's pretty much the reason why that channel always seems to rot out. Another one of many GM's blunders.

I am using an original seal on mine currently because it was in good shape. That seal from Metro looks pretty nice, though.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Has anyone bought this seal and installed? I need this.
You can try it out and let everyone know if you like it...or not...or you can take a trip to your local junkyard and check out various minivan tailgate seals.

ARLawrence

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2016
Oklahoma city
I just picked up a real nice seal from a LA salvage in okc. Bought a el co tail light, seat belt and a 99 caravan trunk seal for $22. I'll let you all know how it fits

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor