Wanna See What a 200 4R Can Handle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
TexasT on the G-body forum!! Never seen you here - nice to see another 200-4R believer in the room.

My favorite 200-4R 500 miles from home :

Old307 and 403 ^^ that's pretty mild :) 500hp? Turned up since then, maybe times 1.5 to 2.
I bet that trans is far from stock. The 2004R has gone into the 9's, it just takes a lot of upgrades to get there.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I totally agree with you. Also, While I think some of the technology in the newer cars is cool I don’t prefer the look of the majority of new cars…

this is why I don't agree with the guys saying "why would you butcher an old car with new tech?"

All I want are old school Chevy's with 2018 tech. Leave it up to me, and a lot of money, I'd just buy new cars to take all of the tech out and put it in the cars I like from decades ago. If there were easy ways to drop the shell shell of a Hurst Olds on a brand new Benz chassis, I'd be all for it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
this is why I don't agree with the guys saying "why would you butcher an old car with new tech?"

All I want are old school Chevy's with 2018 tech. Leave it up to me, and a lot of money, I'd just buy new cars to take all of the tech out and put it in the cars I like from decades ago. If there were easy ways to drop the shell shell of a Hurst Olds on a brand new Benz chassis, I'd be all for it.

if you do your upgrades while on a reality show you could have it all done in a weekend and have it all paid by sponsors.....:mrgreen:

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
TexasT on the G-body forum!! Never seen you here - nice to see another 200-4R believer in the room.

Old307 and 403 ^^ that's pretty mild :) 500hp? Turned up since then, maybe times 1.5 to 2.
I remember when Baltimore Avenue looked like that during the Cruisin' event, only they were big tire, pro street cars.

TexasT

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2008
Texas

I hit a few different places to spread the 2004r knowledge out. Proper assembly of the 2004r goes a long way to it living.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor