WC T-5 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
There were 2 different 2.5's used. The one with the Chevrolet bell housing was the old iron Duke which was last used in the CJ7s. The YJ and small Cherokees used the AMC 2.5 which is a totally different engine. It also has a different bell housing pattern.
Does it have the same pattern as the AMC V8?

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Does it have the same pattern as the AMC V8?
It looks like the pattern is the same as the GM 60 degree V6
s-l400 (1).jpg

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
For the iron Duke, yes. I believe the AMC straight 6 also used the T-5 as well.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
For the iron Duke, yes. I believe the AMC straight 6 also used the T-5 as well.
I am not sure as I am not up on all of the variations. I was trying to clarify that:
There was a bell housing with a Chevy bell housing pattern and Ford T5
And that there are 2 different 2.5s in case some one goes looking for one as only the older one from an Iron Duke 2.5 will work.

Reactions: 1 user

black_aerocoupe

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
If you want to drive a car that has a sporting, muscle feel to it, the 2.95 first gear version is so much better behind a V8 than the 3.35 and 3.50 and 3.75 versions. I have daily driven the 3.75 and 2.95 versions for thousands of miles. Cross country, and city traffic.

An 88-92 V8 F-body setup is still a really good setup for a mild V8 G-body. Right gearing, ergonomic shifter place, SBC bellhousing, good cheap clutch options, cable drive speedo. The V6 version gearing bites. The 4th gen version lacks speedo cable drive, and has the tall bell pattern. So, you end up with $1000 of things to change, but you saved a little on the trans.

Same story, different decade.

The 2.5 bellhousings that fit the iron duke are set up for a 153 tooth flywheel. So are all the V8 third gen F-body bellhousings which can fit a 10.75" clutch. There is no benefit to running a 168 tooth flywheel in a G-body on a small block.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor