Well guess who got an air compressor today and found out his air tools were stolen last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
They probably stole less than I thought. Long 1/2 ratchet and 1/4 drive ratchet, no 1/4 drive ratchets left at all. A really nice carry tool set 1/4 and 1/2 drive. Almost all my pullers, big set of drill bits and an angle drill. Plus 2 air impacts, 2 corded impacts and an air drill. They left me an air ratchet and one of those really cheap garbage 230 ft/lb air impact guns. It gets one shot at a lug nut. If it fails and it will, in the garbage it will go. I brought my new compressor in my house, don't like how easy the walk in door is to get in. I need my opener installed, it will make security much easier.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I had a bunch of stuff stolen from a shop I had years ago. I know who did it but I didn't tell the cops for two reasons, the cops probably would do nothing and if anything was to happen to these boys the cops wouldn't be looking at me. With the help of a couple of friends I did get most of my stuff back and those boys learned the hard way to leave my stuff alone.

• Creative
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It makes me a paranoid person which I HATE! I need to get my new opener in place so I can properly secure the walk in door. I have a 403 block so I have to go in and out of the garage door.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I am really fortunate to live in small rural subdivision where the neighbourhood knows everyone and pattern of life is closely tracked. Don't be an unknown and seen parked in your car on the street at anytime of day. Because rest assured your *ss has already been reported as suspicious to the neighbourhood facebook page or the cops (the latter if you are seen moving from street to street (peddling a scam or casing houses)).

We are known as "that Army family".

That being said my detached garage has extra coverage since the value of its contents constantly changes.

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
We have coverage and a low deductible but don't want our insurance to go up or a fight over the value. The fishing stuff basically cost $250 to replace thanks to good sales. The tools suck, basically I could prove the recent $150 in pullers, the rest would be raping time, depreciation. Thank goodness my 3/8 drive ratchets were on the floor and a weird spot. I also found a 1/4" drive ratchet on the floor, so I have one. Basically I will need either a CT sale or trip to PA to replace the long 1/4" and 1/2" ratchets. The walked right by my Milwaukee reciprocating saw, big red box, go figure. Got the new trolling motor on with three bike locks.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Well, still sucks, but it is fortunate that "most" thieves are, shall we say, um "stupid" and generally in a "grab and go" hurry. The wife and I were ripped off when we moved by one of the movers OR by someone on a subcontract crew I had making a few last minute tweaks for the buyers at the same time [my money is on one of the movers] and they clearly wanted drugs first, jewelry second. They actually got some Hydrocodone of mine along with 2 other drugs they apparently thought were "high" worthy (NOT) and some costume jewelry in her portable jewelry box on the dresser. Expensive stuff was in the safe. My guns were in the bottom of a custom coffee table under a top drawer that pulls clear out which exposes a latch to pop the top open and my 9mm Colt Defender was in an old fashioned analog clock that is attached to the dresser but has a pop off back.

Um, Don't tell anyone OK . . . :oops:

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Well, still sucks, but it is fortunate that "most" thieves are, shall we say, um "stupid" and generally in a "grab and go" hurry. The wife and I were ripped off when we moved by one of the movers OR by someone on a subcontract crew I had making a few last minute tweaks for the buyers at the same time [my money is on one of the movers] and they clearly wanted drugs first, jewelry second. They actually got some Hydrocodone of mine along with 2 other drugs they apparently thought were "high" worthy (NOT) and some costume jewelry in her portable jewelry box on the dresser. Expensive stuff was in the safe. My guns were in the bottom of a custom coffee table under a top drawer that pulls clear out which exposes a latch to pop the top open and my 9mm Colt Defender was in an old fashioned analog clock that is attached to the dresser but has a pop off back.

Um, Don't tell anyone OK . . . :oops:
Or was that....disinformation?:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor