Went & did some tire kicking

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
We got the back ordered Super Brights bulbs for the tail lights today. Now other than the headlights (which will be H4's later) all the exterior bulbs are LED. Since Jr. had a friend over he didn't get to see the joys of pulling out '79-'80 Monte Carlo tail light bulbs as I swapped them out. I knew the flasher fuses won't work with them all in but still tried the turn signals & 4 ways just to ensure everything works which it all does. The brights are dim cause of the flashers arn't the right ones. I'm going to start anther thread on the need for a good set of flasher fuses for LEDs so it'll be there for future searches.
Looks like they have gone up, but this is similar to what I got for the Monte

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
We got the vinyl roof in today. It has the box & invoice dated FEB 1979 with it when it was shipped from the Doraville, Ga plant to a dealer in SC. Must of originally been sent as a defect warranty replacement since it has a VIN for the Monte it was ment to go on. Some reason it never made it on to that car so almost 45 years later it's closer to being used as a replcement. It'll need a bit of a cleaning as there's a tacky film on it but everything is soft as it should be & has great color. I'll need to be laid out in the sun or have some mild heat to work out the folds from sitting all these decades. Since it looks lik it'll still have a landau roof I guess I'll have to be the good dad & spring for a new set of '79 landau/crest emblems I'm watching on Fleabay.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Not much of anything have been done other than me collecting a few things since last month for Jr. Did break down & got some new (non-packaged NOS?) landua/crest to go with the new vinyl roof, the flasher fuses for the LED lights, gasket set for the Saginaw & had the repop back up light switch harness. Then today he got his wire harnesses from Ugly1 which we both thank him for them. Again this site for the most part is a great source.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Ordered up some KYB Excel G shocks for Jr. Had a Summit coupon that needed to be used so it was some motivation to get the ball rolling for both cars as we head into spring.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor