Went & did some tire kicking

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I've always preferred the full, not split, bench front seat in my gbodies. It's not just the lowest cost option...
freak GIF

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
And there are always the bucket seats that can fold back almost into a totally flat position.

Remember the old early 50's bath tub bodies Nash's that had the interior that would convert completely into a bed space?

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
After getting some "free" time today from everything the wife has for me (this is the second "free" time now) I was able to paint the rear sway bar & got working on the rusty screws removed from the headlight buckets. Sway bar looks good, still have a screw to fight & had the one headlight frame/retainer lose a tab as the spot weld holding it gave up. So if the original set comes off with no major issues I'll clean them up if not more to add to the need list. Now back to the grind.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Well I was able to get a quick round 2 & kinda had my first ride in the car. Plan was just to move it a hair but it was a bit more. No brakes & just enough of an angle for where it sits it moved into the driveway for a :eek: moment. Good that the transmission goes both directions with ease & right into the gear selected. I might for driveway moving purpose I'll plug off the rear line at the master cylinder. Which when I looked over the condition of the lines at it I noticed it's aluminum with the booster not ever looking like it was plated. Guessing the originals were replaced with a later set. Then afterwards I decided to run the wipers since it started to rain. Low & high are good but delay wasn't working. Maybe things will be OK when I switch out the OE washer pump for the replacement that hasan electric pump. But more reading time with the CSM to ensure proper trouble shooting. Do wish there was a way to get the switch to work with the later delay wiper motor. Now it's time to deal with three 11 year olds boucing around like they did an eight ball if sugar.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I decided yesterday to burn half a day & make a trip to Danser's to see what I could find for both cars & got nore for his than mine. Got a compass/temp rearview mirror out of an '05 Vue along with all the wiring that ran all the way to the rear. Didn't notice there was two bromen taps that locks in a metal ring that puts tension on the ball joint for adjusting. If I can snap it back on it should be good. grabbed an extra set of headlight buckets but someone already grabbed the retaining rings. Salvaged a section of purple & gray vacuum hose to fix what the mice chewed under the hood. Got almost a full set up for the newer washer squirters, one had a broken hose nipple so we'll need one. Even grabbed a set of the older metal tube set just because along with another set of Trico OE wipers that need new refills. I pulled a set of bright capped trim bolts for the cowl panel & used them to replace the non capped rusty ones along with correcting the placement of one of the wiper stops tht was in the wrong place. Now Jr. missed out on the little bit of work as he already had plans with his one freind for today (he has a better social calendar than me now.)

Reactions: 5 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
I decided yesterday to burn half a day & make a trip to Danser's to see what I could find for both cars & got nore for his than mine. Got a compass/temp rearview mirror out of an '05 Vue along with all the wiring that ran all the way to the rear. Didn't notice there was two bromen taps that locks in a metal ring that puts tension on the ball joint for adjusting. If I can snap it back on it should be good. grabbed an extra set of headlight buckets but someone already grabbed the retaining rings. Salvaged a section of purple & gray vacuum hose to fix what the mice chewed under the hood. Got almost a full set up for the newer washer squirters, one had a broken hose nipple so we'll need one. Even grabbed a set of the older metal tube set just because along with another set of Trico OE wipers that need new refills. I pulled a set of bright capped trim bolts for the cowl panel & used them to replace the non capped rusty ones along with correcting the placement of one of the wiper stops tht was in the wrong place. Now Jr. missed out on the little bit of work as he already had plans with his one freind for today (he has a better social calendar than me now.)
I never thought about pulling a rear view from the yard that's a great idea.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Went out to do the heater control valve & hoses along with pluging the master cylinder so no fluid goes to the rear lines. Thought we had the right size plug but no. OK, move onto the valve & hoses. The valve of course won't move & I don't want to get in too deep with it or break it so it'll wait until do so to break it loose. Don't know why they mounted them to the intake is beyond me. So on goes new hoses & clamps. Sumbitch, still leaks at the point the hose goes on the valve even after ensuring the clamp is on tight but not over doing it. Jr. got a few oh fudge's out of me cause I still want to hold back on the full mechanic's language. I did get one other thing fixed. The chewed vacuum lines were spliced so later I can try to blow what filth hids in the heater ducts. The purple & gray lines are still a little long for now but will get trimmed down later when things get cleaned up better.

Edit: BTW, any tips on removing the valve from the intake with out needing to call Joe to bring a saw to remove it? I personally never removed one before.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Between doing things for the wife I swapped out the back up & parking lights. Almost no issue but it looks like the Super Bright buld was able to show there's a ground issue on the driver sode parking light socket. It won't light but is a good bulb but the regular bulb did work both filaments before & only the turn one after. Then with the turn signals, as I was thinking there was a bad flasher fuse but all is good with the dash indicator for the driver side now stays out when the parking lights are on. So one electrical gremlin is gone to have another take its place. More learning for Jr. Then while I was at it I swapped out the driver parking light assembly to the '78 so they both match & he really likes seeing them both being the match set he likes. Before I forget, those back up bulbs are nice & bright even with some good daylight.

I'm hoping tomorrow after Jr.'s first wrestling match I'll be able to meet up with this guy who has a Saginaw for sale.

Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor