Went & did some tire kicking

We had a transmission lesson today as I'm tired of moving his 4 speed everytime I had to move things from the one corner. Attached it to the spare bellhousing & onto the engine stand. Was suppose to been doing gaskets & seals but I forgot I didn't get them all yet. Instead it as on how to adjust shifter linkage of an ITM shifter & differences between it & thr Hurst Comp Plus. Now Jr. will know how to get the adjustment done as needed. Then showed him the "lift & shift" for reverse since my Hurst he has been practicing on doesn't. One thing I did notice is the shifter gate is looser than a lot of the girls I've came across in college. I'll need to look into the rebuild kits for factory installed Hurst shifters would work on an ITM as they both look the same.
Looser than college girls, you in some trouble hahaha

Reactions: Tomeal
I didn't have good sun light yesterday so I didn't give everything a good look over until today. Have some orange peel on the flat panel & where the edge of the trunk lid will cover but what gets covered by the plate door looks really good. Color looks pretty even but a hair lighter than the original paint on the inside of the trunk lid. For now I'll still show Jr. how to wet sand with it & install it so I can get some pics to try an attempt to get the antique registration done. Now if the OCD kicks in it'll get repainted.
Then we spent some time in the car working on ideas he wants to do. Every so often he says he wouldn't mind if the interior was changed to black. I told him if we did he might have to have vinyl seat & explained to him black vinyl & hot weather is not a nice combination. But we talked about maybe working black into it with the seatbelts, steering wheel & column going black & maybe the carpet. Then his tunes is another worry of his cause you have to have music. It was a nice evening with him in the car.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor