What are these wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Pulled my AC/Heater box a few weeks ago from engine bay as I'm eliminating all HVAC. I had a few cocktails as I was pulling and dont recall cutting these wires. Even if I did, I havent thrown anything away and dont see the other end if I did cut them. I just noticed it now them as I was going to put the JEGS panel over the big hole now in the firewall. Any idea what they are for, car ran perfectly fine prior to me pulling the motor and all electronics worked as they should. The wire loom sits right below where the AC/Heater box would have been and you couldnt have seen it with the box installed.

Attachments

• Regal wire loom.jpg
    Regal wire loom.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 157

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
ECM wiring harness
Any reason you can think of why it would have been cut? Car had a 383 crate motor in it when I bought it.
Like I said above, never seen it or noticed it until I pulled AC/heater box.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Any reason you can think of why it would have been cut? Car had a 383 crate motor in it when I bought it.
Like I said above, never seen it or noticed it until I pulled AC/heater box.
They're not needed with an engine, especially carb that's not stock. Instead of somebody unplugging it from the inside, they just went ham with a pair of cutters.

Reactions: 2 users

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
They're not needed with an engine, especially carb that's not stock. Instead of somebody unplugging it from the inside, they just went ham with a pair of cutters.
Thanks man and imo they did a shitty job, could have at least taped up the ends. I'll clean it up now that I know what they are.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Pull the passenger inner fender, and pull the grommet and harness through from the engine. That will let you know what you can get rid of (basically, all of it).

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor