What color to paint with blue interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
the ppg stuff's thin,feels like activated basecoat.
I’ll pull it up in the computer on Saturday. Now is the time I miss my old job. I used to be able to get pretty much whatever I needed for free since my old boss was such a pain in the *ss to the supplier.

Reactions: 2 users

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
I’m trying to decide on a color to paint my Malibu. I have a navy interior, and it’s currently white. I’m having trouble envisioning the car in any other color. I was thinking BMW San Marino blue, but I don’t think it will go with the navy interior. I’d love to hear some opinions. I’m pretty far away from painting, but I really need to figure out a color.
Hi, I'm coming into this thread a bit late, but with all the talk about painting your car blue or white, I thought why not both? So, please pardon the crude rendering, but I was thinking blue with white side insets and blacked-out window trim and door handles might be a viable option to work with your blue interior.

Attachments

• 1-AA Blue White Scheme.jpg
    1-AA Blue White Scheme.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: 2 users

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I’m also coming late, but wanted to weigh in.
As stated at the start, any neutral color will work. If you want to get crazy, orange is “complimentary” to blue by definition, and personally I’m always a fan of a good pure yellow. Something like what Ford had in the earliest of the 2000s.

Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Since the interior is going to be blue for now and probably dark gray or black later then I would be looking for a paint color that can work with all of these colors so regardless of which interior is in there the paint won't look out of place and IMO no two tones for that reason since you are adding yet another color.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I was just looking for some ideas. I can’t see the car in any color but white. I may do it white in the end. I just hate painting white. I hate blending white. I hate looking at white in the sun. And I hate that white is a color that hides bad bodywork. That being said I do like the look of the car in white. I want to narrow and tuck the bumpers and brush or paint all the trim. If it’s white the trim will be done like the hyper color wheels.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I was just looking for some ideas. I can’t see the car in any color but white. I may do it white in the end. I just hate painting white. I hate blending white. I hate looking at white in the sun. And I hate that white is a color that hides bad bodywork. That being said I do like the look of the car in white. I want to narrow and tuck the bumpers and brush or paint all the trim. If it’s white the trim will be done like the hyper color wheels.
Well I wish one of you would make up their mind what color you guys like.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Go with an accent color for a tu-tone or stripes to break up the white. Use the final color choice of the interior to pick it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
You would hate to live next to me. My Silverado is white, so is my wifes '10 Yukon, my daughters '19 Grand Cherokee, my sons Outback and his wifes Toyota. LMAO

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
You would hate to live next to me. My Silverado is white, so is my wifes '10 Yukon, my daughters '19 Grand Cherokee, my sons Outback and his wifes Toyota. LMAO
I feel bad for whoever plows the driveway after a deep snowfall

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor