motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Will do. Right now I’m going to dye fiero buckets blue and throw them in. The f body console is blue already. I was surprised at well the seats and console fit the car. I thought they would look out of place, and too euro, but they fit. The seats are pretty comfortable too.
Depending how custom you go with the malibu, and what year fiero seats you use as a core, they had a pair of radio speakers in the headrest in the early years if that was your thing.

Later years in a GT you had an option for power seats that also had lumbar bladders with a small switch pad the size of a stick of gum on the top of the seat bolster.

I agree on the seats being comfortable, but in my case it was just in the context of a fiero owner.

My 88:
1930880_551776688074_6371_n.jpg

Bad pic, but only one I had handy.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Depending how custom you go with the malibu, and what year fiero seats you use as a core, they had a pair of radio speakers in the headrest in the early years if that was your thing.

Later years in a GT you had an option for power seats that also had lumbar bladders with a small switch pad the size of a stick of gum on the top of the seat bolster.

I agree on the seats being comfortable, but in my case it was just in the context of a fiero owner.

My 88:
View attachment 176679

Bad pic, but only one I had handy.
I got the seats and mirrors from a fiero just like that. Same color. The seats don’t have speakers in them though.

Hurst so good

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2020
I’m trying to decide on a color to paint my Malibu. I have a navy interior, and it’s currently white. I’m having trouble envisioning the car in any other color. I was thinking BMW San Marino blue, but I don’t think it will go with the navy interior. I’d love to hear some opinions. I’m pretty far away from painting, but I really need to figure out a color.
its your car but my vote is white

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Will do. Right now I’m going to dye fiero buckets blue and throw them in.
I’ve never understood how you can be successful dying fabric or carpeting with a spray can. The examples that I’ve seen done this way look and feel like crap. Spray painting changes the fabric and makes it hard and stinky. Dying with immersion like you would do to a pair of blue jeans using indigo die is different. Tell me I’m wrong but I think the result would be like spraying Aqua Net hair spray on it.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Vern60

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2018
I’m trying to decide on a color to paint my Malibu. I have a navy interior, and it’s currently white. I’m having trouble envisioning the car in any other color. I was thinking BMW San Marino blue, but I don’t think it will go with the navy interior. I’d love to hear some opinions. I’m pretty far away from painting, but I really need to figure out a color.

Medium or dark grey metallic, there is a couple of different shades from the 80s that would be good on it

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I’ve never understood how you can be successful dying fabric or carpeting with a spray can. The examples that I’ve seen done this way look and feel like crap. Spray painting changes the fabric and make it hard and stinky. Dying with immersion like you would do to a pair of blue jeans using indigo die is different. Tell me I’m wrong but I think the result would be like spraying Aqua Net hair spray on it.
I tried it on the back of the headrest and while it makes it a little stiffer, I can live with it. It’s only temporary until I change the covers. I just can’t live with light gray front seats and blue rear seats.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You should have painted the backseat gray instead ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor