What did yall ask for christmas/hanukkah/day of the ninja?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
I get the same request from loved ones after thanksgiving "what do you want for christmas" I usually say nothing because lets face it, Im a grown man. Any thing I want badly enough I buy. Any thing I really want that I dont have its because its beyond my means, meaning its too expensive for most to give as a gift (my family dosent like me much). I would say since we all like cars in specific G-bodys (Im assuming this because why else would you belong to a G body forum without having an intrest in G bodys) and I would even go out on a limb to assume we are all rather like minded in our tastes because of these common intrests. So to get some good ideas for things I didnt know I needed what did you all ask for for [insert winter time gift giving holiday here].
Personaly this is what I came up with so far;
- woodward fab bead roller
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hck-wfbr6/overview/
- Mittler brothers dimple dies
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mbt-1 ... /overview/
- Rat fink T-shirt
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/and-9266xl/overview/
-Miter saw
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Professional ... 271?N=c3x3
with metal cutting wheel
http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-7-in- ... /202579871
-Redhead in bed that knows what to do (hey, never hurts to ask right?! well, unless your wife is holding a frying pan and isnt a redhead.... Then you might want to avoid the topic)

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Re: What did yall ask for christmas/hanukkah/day of the ninj

THERE'S A DAY OF THE NINJA?!?!?!?!?!?

(jk)

I'm getting bushings, ball joints, tie rods, and general what-have-you to rebuild my front end. I'll be paying for most of it.
It was either that stuff or a helmet.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010

Yup. Im in the same place as you. Too old and i buy my own sh*t.

For the bigger stuff i do just ask for gift cards to summit or skspeed out here on long island.

Last year i asked for a tire pressure gauge. I gave them the part# and where to get it and what it was. I didnt want some inaccurate tire pressure guage or ones for slicks that go to 15 psi. I run 20 psi at the track.

Im a pain to shop for. But arent we all.

I do ask for gift cards to places i need to go for other stuff so i can save for the bigger stuff.

All the small car stuff is done. But if i could put it on the list.

9" gears
NO2 set up
New converter
New trans with trans brake
New rear tires

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012

tc1959 said:
My wife usually asks me that every year and I always wind up buying it for my self. :roll: The same scenario for Birthdays also. ( god help me if I forget hers lol)
just do what I do and buy her stuff thats 2 sizes too small...

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.

the ghoul said:
tc1959 said:
My wife usually asks me that every year and I always wind up buying it for my self. :roll: The same scenario for Birthdays also. ( god help me if I forget hers lol)
I like that.... :rofl:

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011

the ghoul said:
tc1959 said:

Man speaks wisdom. That way, she has to take it back, which might save you money during boxing week, she can then get something else she wanted more, and is still flattered with your choice of size.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey

I really had no idea what to say either. I'm not a fully on my own adult, but I'm adult enough that yeah I mkae my own money and any little stuff (little enough I'd ever ask for it as a gift) I want, I usually just buy... But my gf was really on my case, and she didn't want to just get me a gift card so I told her tools. I realize I'm missing lots of pieces to sets that have just fallen off the face of the earth. So she said, ok I'll get you a gift card to a tool store. 8)
I think that will always be my fall back from now on, if I don't know, give me a gift card for tools.

AlamoCity210

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2012
San Antonio, Tx

That's what I asked for. Gift card to advance auto parts. Need fluids and general tune up items. Everything else, I'll get myself. But ask me to pick a gift, I'll offer money instead or I'll become a wanderer in a store searching lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor