What did you buy for your G body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olgambler84

Apprentice
Dec 26, 2018
Our boy Burning gave me the lead a Cutlass just landed at Pull a Part this week. Swung by today to check out the trunk floor. It's solid AF so I'm gonna try to get there tomorrow and cut it out.
I did snag the clear turn lenses(couple small starbursts in them but good for spares!), radio bezel, a electric trunk popper with button and latch assy, trunk lock, and some misc emblems just cause.... View attachment 161771
You should make a thread on the trunk popper install . Couldn’t get mines to work

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
blend door cable from mikes. damn clip broke from swapping boxes.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
You should make a thread on the trunk popper install . Couldn’t get mines to work
Huh? You bend 1 tab, put in 2 bolts, and wire it up. There's a guy on fleaybay that sells the solenoid and switch for $35.

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Went back to the yard after work and got the trunk floor cut out!!! Took way longer than planned as my recip saw wouldn't work for almost half the piece due to gas tank holding car up! Had to hammer and chisel most. Got a few things for our old pal Turna, and a radiator support that I plan on selling if anybody wants one.
20201113_170045.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Went back to the yard after work and got the trunk floor cut out!!! Took way longer than planned as my recip saw wouldn't work for almost half the piece due to gas tank holding car up! Had to hammer and chisel most. Got a few things for our old pal Turna, and a radiator support that I plan on selling if anybody wants one. View attachment 161833
You should of had joesregalproject come down to help you, he would of had the hole @$$ end cut off with all you needed & then some. We should really call him Chops.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
My apologies. I should know better haha!

American Racing VN510 Draft wheels
18x8 4.5” bs all the way around.
255/45/18’s rear 27” tall
235/45/18 front 26.3” tall

Being I run usually 275/60/15 Drag radials (skinnies front) , I wasn’t wanting to tuck anything bigger in the front or rear with this setup.

I’ll post pics of the car when I get the front tires and wheels on and the car back on the ground. Having some driveshaft work done at the moment.

Are you running the stock rear axle in your car? Any notching to frame?

Kemper1976

Greasemonkey
Jul 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
Reactions: 2 users

Kemper1976

Greasemonkey
Jul 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
I've been looking at these wheels myself for my GP, think I may buy them in black. :unsure:
I don’t think you could go wrong with either color. I went with the silver (which is more gray than silver) because I already had the black/machined Weld V-series for my trips to the track.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor