What did you buy for your G body today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy friggin' sh*t!! To which, I think my shi tter lines to the septic tank are the same size! You're going to need axle bump stops!
I'm not going to even try to get the 4" over the axle. Thats crazy talk.

No. I meant it as keeping the belly pans from crushing the pipes on the tarmac.
The 4" will be to the electric cutout and it will tie into 3" through a muffler behind that. I agree, that would have been a bad idea.

1614220677159.png

I had some shares in an old company I worked for that I was payed out on. So I pulled the trigger on some needed parts.

I'm not going to even try to get the 4" over the axle. Thats crazy talk.

It can be done. My Buick have a full length 4" system... yet for some reason I felt like a 3" downpipe was sufficient.

Young, dumb, and...
happy he man GIF

My poor 78 Malibu has been sitting with the valve covers off, a dead battery and the steering column resting on the front seat for over three years.
I finally got off my dead a** and put her back together. Bought a new battery, had the starter tested and warrantied out. Replaced the electric fan relay and wiring, replaced the ignition switch, rewired most of the ignition/charging circuit with completely new wiring, bolted the steering column back in place. Pulled the hot wire from the switch to the distributor and turned her over till I got good oil pressure. Plugged the hot wire back in and she started right up. spent about 20 minutes loosening and then tightening the rocker arms. Got good oil flow to the top end but one rocker is still a little loose, tapping enough to hear but not enough to find. I'm 68 in a couple of weeks and have about 40% hearing loss. Makes it tough to pinpoint where a noise is coming from. Didn't have time to isolate that rocker but will this weekend.

While I was at it, I changed the routing of much of the starter/charging wiring. I converted from a side post battery to a top post. Bought a positive battery terminal that had multiple ports for different sized wires ($12.50 @ AutoZone) and ran all of my hot leads to separate ports. (Works like the cats *ss.) I ran the hot from the alternator straight to the hot side of the battery instead of through the starter solenoid. Reran all of the cooling fan wiring, making it neater and shorter. Also increased the wire diameter from 18 gauge to 14.

While I was in the car putting the steering column back in, I noticed both of the upper windshield pillar trim pieces were ca-ca, so for only $33.00 apiece, ordered replacements for both sides.

Anyway, I'm sorry it took me so long to get off my ever larger, big, dead, a** but glad I finally am. Am budgeting some time and money for in the near future to get the car back in shape.

It can be done. My Buick have a full length 4" system... yet for some reason I felt like a 3" downpipe was sufficient.

Young, dumb, and...
happy he man GIF
Its going to be pie cuts because I spent all my money on electronics. Way too much work.

marge simpson GIF

I have a speed master transmission being delivered mon. its a th 350 i also bought the 06400 converter and they sent a kick but 10' jegs

Attachments

• SAM_2003.JPG
    SAM_2003.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 112
Found a 350 to replace the seized 305, for about $500.

Putting a deposit on it, now just waiting to my disability cheque comes at the end of March.

Found a 350 to replace the seized 305, for about $500.

Putting a deposit on it, now just waiting to my disability cheque comes at the end of March.
we put a 350 gm in a 84 cutless every thigpretty much hooked up really changed the car good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor