What did you buy for your G body today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I was about to pull the trigger on some tall ball joints and other odd and ends, but Rona swept into my system and I've been granted a 10 day unpaid staycation😔!!!!
Glad I didn't buy that stuff, just sucks i don't have enough time in at Sysco yet for PTO but oh well. Not gonna lie, ole Rona has kicked my tail since last Wednesday, work sent me home Thursday. Couldn't really eat anything at all until today. No taste, no smell, absolute exhaustion and aches all over. Seem to be on the mend now I hope.

• Friendly
Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I was about to pull the trigger on some tall ball joints and other odd and ends, but Rona swept into my system and I've been granted a 10 day unpaid staycation😔!!!!
Glad I didn't buy that stuff, just sucks i don't have enough time in at Sysco yet for PTO but oh well. Not gonna lie, ole Rona has kicked my tail since last Wednesday, work sent me home Thursday. Couldn't really eat anything at all until today. No taste, no smell, absolute exhaustion and aches all over. Seem to be on the mend now I hope.
those parts will be there when you're ready,at least it didn't happen as soon as you started the new job.it's easy to say but just take it easy brother

Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I got it a month and half ago. I know your pain. I was down for about a week. Hope you recover ok.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014

I got it a month and half ago. I know your pain. I was down for about a week. Hope you recover ok.
Be careful guys.... the struggle is real.

• Haha

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Two more welding blankets, a pair of metal prep disc kits for my air drill or air motor, and whole whack of discs of various grits for my Dremel Motor, and yet another wood frame furniture dolly and some more ratchet straps. Put another pile of stuff on the dolly to make it mobile and then used a ratchet strap to secure it; did the same with my stack of 8" x 8"s which used to be used for some types of frame/chassis lifting/securing during cold storage. Unloaded the suspension and took the static weight off the tires while not completely lifting the vehicle off the ground. They were already stacked on a dolly but were not secured in place. Another ratchet strap takes care of that now; makes moving them a lot easier and safer. Having stuff ambulatory like that makes it easier to redistribute or redecorate the shop without the hand to hand labor of lifting and toting ad nauseum. Also easier to retrieve tool kits and storage bins out from under benches and sawhorse tables.

What happens tomorrow depends on how energetic I feel. It happens in stages or shifts but in total I am sleeping around 9-10 hours per day unless rotated in to take a shift. My mind is still willing but my body is not so enthusiastic. Things may move along easier now that the shell is set up in a way that lets me work on it without having to wrestle it into various positions to do so. it'd be a stretch but the casters for those dollies can be had by themselves so building an oversize dolly that happens to have the same length by width as the legs of my panel stand is not completely out of the question.; just use 2 x4's instead of fascia board and get the wheels that can be locked to set the position.

Nick.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Be careful guys.... the struggle is real.

soooo no one's gonna tag this^^ to the McRib thread...
Waiting Gif GIF
:LOL:

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor