What did you buy for your G body today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own one of those covers. Beware that you will need allen head bolts of the correct length and the correct size washer.

If I had the time and a mill, then I'd mill the recess for the washer to be large enough to fit flange head bolts.

Just sayin'
Or do like I overdid and get studs and nice flange nuts.

I didn't buy this, but had it show up at work today. The operations manager at our sister store in Red Deer had this sitting at his parents house and decided to send it my way. I would be way more stoked if this was a Buick service manual but yeah im not going to complain and it may help out a few other members.
If anyone wants anything looked up let me know. A/G/B/F Body and even some J and X body info.

Attachments

• 20220420_165451.jpg
    20220420_165451.jpg
    986.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 20220420_162933.jpg
    20220420_162933.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 79
I didn't buy this, but had it show up at work today. The operations manager at our sister store in Red Deer had this sitting at his parents house and decided to send it my way. I would be way more stoked if this was a Buick service manual but yeah im not going to complain and it may help out a few other members.
If anyone wants anything looked up let me know. A/G/B/F Body and even some J and X body info.
That's awesome!

Thanks to ssn696 for this in a round-about way. His post about his steering wheel woes got me looking into trying to help him out. Stumbled across this and it was priced right so...

Not in hand yet, but just purchased an NOS 85-87 Dark Blue sport wheel horn pad. Got a feeling in a year or two, the sport wheel that's in the car is fine, but I think the foam underneath is starting to get a bit compressed. It still looks perfect, but eventually I'll restore it and I already have the NOS black trim ring and center horn rocket for it. So it will look brandy new when the time comes. I have an NOS burgundy one already, but I was searching for a blue one.

85-87 Sport Wheel horn button blue.jpg

Thanks to ssn696 for this in a round-about way. His post about his steering wheel woes got me looking into trying to help him out. Stumbled across this and it was priced right so...

Not in hand yet, but just purchased an NOS 85-87 Dark Blue sport wheel horn pad. Got a feeling in a year or two, the sport wheel that's in the car is fine, but I think the foam underneath is starting to get a bit compressed. It still looks perfect, but eventually I'll restore it and I already have the NOS black trim ring and center horn rocket for it. So it will look brandy new when the time comes. I have an NOS burgundy one already, but I was searching for a blue one.

View attachment 197409
I just noticed the horn symbol, is that something they started to put on the pads starting in 1985 and on. As many of them I worked on back then I never noticed it not that I was looking for it.

at the Pate swap meet. scored a Snap-On coolant pressure testing tool, but what I really got was a set of Edelbrock valve covers (#4244) for $75. not a killer deal but since they were never installed, not bad....

Reactions: 83MonteCarloSS
I just noticed the horn symbol, is that something they started to put on the pads starting in 1985 and on. As many of them I worked on back then I never noticed it not that I was looking for it.
It may very well be. 1984 had the 2nd design NP5 hub with its own one-year-only part numbers, but I chalked that up to the colors that weren't like the 85-88 colors. My 84 has the 1st design horn cap so it's small and round anyway.

Well I've been back to Olds parts .com and bought a bunch of items including seats foam, carpet and a bunch of odds and ends, starting to collect a inventory for when a strip down the 87 442 and do a frame off this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor