What did you buy for your G body today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, been late/lazy in unpacking the tow pig.

Saturday morning we took a ride up to the Charlotte AutoFair. So, let's share the spoils in various threads....

The gbody haul might be the smallest pile. Set of monte taillights and quarter extensions, pair of edelbroke Performer buick v6 intakes, and some wire loom.

20220413_184721.jpg

20220413_184848.jpg

20220413_185756.jpg

Those 86-87 tail light assemblies look to be in nice shape. Good catch.

Nick
They'd make for a nice driver, up close there's somenfinenscratches or missing silver embellishment. Still, no crazing or plastic aging from uv so they ended up coming home.

Of the two, it's the intakes that got me more excited to grab spares of oddly enough....

Reactions: Wraith
What you mention sounds more like cosmetics than anything else. The plastic can be buffed and brought back and the silver can be relaid using a fine artists paint brush and a lot of patience.

Nick

Recent purchases, doing an eventual gear/axle swap.
IMG_1550.jpg

Recent purchases, doing an eventual gear/axle swap.
View attachment 196561
I own one of those covers. Beware that you will need allen head bolts of the correct length and the correct size washer.

If I had the time and a mill, then I'd mill the recess for the washer to be large enough to fit flange head bolts.

Just sayin'

I own one of those covers. Beware that you will need allen head bolts of the correct length and the correct size washer.

If I had the time and a mill, then I'd mill the recess for the washer to be large enough to fit flange head bolts.

Just sayin'
The cover is a LPW brand via Ebay. It came with SHCS, not sure about the washers. An appropriate size counterbore and a drill press with a quill/spindle stop might be sufficient to open up the holes for hex head bolts, but not sure how much they might hang past the edge.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 383_GrandPrix
The cover is a LPW brand via Ebay. It came with SHCS, not sure about the washers. An appropriate size counterbore and a drill press might be sufficient to open up the holes for hex head bolts, but not sure how much they might hang past the edge.
I don't believe they will. And even if they do, that cover is beefy.

I use them primarily in my g body, but I sold my old GameCube to a local videogame/nerd store and picked up 3 cassettes.

278298961_1653454088386367_6560835806491578923_n.jpg

Picked up my 90K mile SN95 8.8 rear. Price was too good to pass up and I know the car it came out so its a solid pickup for the price. Should be able to get this under a car for under 700 Canadian all in.
20220419_190641.jpg
TracLoc not sure on the gear yet. Car was a 5 Speed so probably 2.73 as it was standard and 3.08 was optional. Ill check for a tag when I unload it but it's destined to be re-geared in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor