What did you buy for your G-body today? [2024]

I’ve been hunting for one on the back burner for a while now, they’ve been on back order for a while so I was worried Bernie wasn’t making them anymore. Then this popped up on FB, and I had to have it.

I just hope the LS1 F body master moves enough fluid for a hydraulic slave cylinder on a TKX, if not I’m going to need to engineer a solution but it’s possible that the Tilton conversion Hawks offers will work.
I'm having absolutely no problems with ssm pedal and stock ls1 master in my 79 monte with tkx. Using American Powertrain's slave cyl

I'm having absolutely no problems with ssm pedal and stock ls1 master in my 79 monte with tkx. Using American Powertrain's slave cyl
That’s good to hear. If mine gives me issues Texas Drivetrain has a stock style one that’s adjustable.
Ah, couldn't let a 12 year old out do you with a stick conversion in his car. I'm surprised I didn't see this trolling market place.
Found it on Thursday, and it just ate at me for 12 hours, so I couldn’t let it go.

If it’s any consolation prize, I can get you a 5.3 with a conversion oil pan and motor mounts for $400 from the same guy 😉

I’ve been hunting for one on the back burner for a while now, they’ve been on back order for a while so I was worried Bernie wasn’t making them anymore. Then this popped up on FB, and I had to have it.

I just hope the LS1 F body master moves enough fluid for a hydraulic slave cylinder on a TKX, if not I’m going to need to engineer a solution but it’s possible that the Tilton conversion Hawks offers will work.
I bought a T56 and it came with the Tick/Tilton master. During the install, after I finished cutting the firewall, I then read that for the universal style I had to skew the cut to the opposite side. Oh well, I guess I’m prepared for either style master now.

Reactions: Ugly1 and UC645
Not ready to go to the dark side anytime soon.
92A86CD4-2530-4E8D-8524-F63C196C6ED8.gif

Not ready to go to the dark side anytime soon.

If you plan ahead for it while your fixing Jr's car....it helps to ease the sting.

• Agree
Reactions: Rktpwrd and UC645
His exceptions for now
That sounds like a foot in the door!

I know....i was there when the car went home. Jr would walk past a free LS to buy a SBC.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor