What did you buy for your G body today? [2016-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Here are some fitment rules for 16X8" GTA's:

1) Zero offset "Fronts" fit all around on most G-bodies. 225-245 in front, 255 in back. Wider tires might need some modding with zero offset "Fronts"s
2) If you have larger brakes in front - Blazer, BAER 12", B-body/1LE (LS1 12"/Corvette 12"/13" don't really fit) you want to run the F-body "Rear"s (+17 offset) in front as "Front"s in front need more inner fender mods than "Rear"s.
3) GTA's may need a shim spacer for some brakes (especially with new brake pads) because the caliper face can rub the wheel web.
4) With 1" wheel adapters, "Rear"s work perfect in back and should have enough frame room for a 275.
5) Running "Rear"s in front puts the inner rim lip close to the outer tie rod and some trimming of the tie rod may be needed.
6) running "Rear"s in front can result in some A-Arm to Wheel rub when turning at some ride heights if using tall upper ball joints. Tall lower BJ is no issue, trimming of the A-arm should fix the Tall Upper BJ issue. Check the full range of wheel motion with the spring out to check for rub.
Got it. I'd really like to have the ability to rotate, so I'd probably go with the 0 offsets all the way around. Are they worse than S-10 wheels with Blazer brakes as far as the track width difference? (I have Xtreme wheels, now)
Now, I just have to decide which I want. I really think these would look RAD
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1989/pontiac/firebird/parts/12521885.html
But the GTAs are timeless.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
The money pit just keeps going
scale.aspx.jpg
s-l1600a.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Got it. I'd really like to have the ability to rotate, so I'd probably go with the 0 offsets all the way around. Are they worse than S-10 wheels with Blazer brakes as far as the track width difference? (I have Xtreme wheels, now)
Now, I just have to decide which I want. I really think these would look RAD
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1989/pontiac/firebird/parts/12521885.html
But the GTAs are timeless.

On my T-type I went with 4 rears (1" adapters in back) because a square set-up with 255s and zero offset whèels needs the inner fender lips cut out.

Reactions: 1 user

My86R3gal

Greasemonkey
Jan 12, 2015
South of Chicago
So the Regal was squealing during start up and after a minute or so it would stop, figured it was the belts, purchased and replaced, started... still squealing, figured next it was either water pump or PS pump, since I never seen coolant coming out the seap hole figured it was the PS pump, replaced started still squealing, purchased today and started to replace the water pump but didn’t get to finish have the new one bolted in place just need to throw the brackets back on along with the PS pump, alternator etc. Should finish tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
30" longboard for the body man. He said something about stupid, giant, long doors

I have two of the same ones, one for the adhesive backed paper and one for the hook n loop stuff.
They work great, and they’re the best way to ensure your panels are straight. I used them on both my quarter panels and the roof, and will be using them again on MY “stupid, giant, long doors”.
😁

Reactions: 7 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Picked up some goodies today.

A new Gates alternator belt to replace the shitty Continental brand one that’s already starting to separate...

Some new AC Delco Vortec head specific plugs to replace the Autolites that have been in it since break-in (thanks Wageslave for the tip!) and a set of Kenwood 4x10 component speakers.

The 4x10’s are to finally replace the original 38 year old ones that were wore out when I got the car, and that I had painted over when I was repairing and repainting the back window/package shelf. I was shocked to find that my local audio shop actually had a couple sets in stock!

It hadn’t been a big deal up until now, but now that I’ve got the “new-to-me” 1.5 DIN factory stereo installed and working it was time to replace them.

DDCE896E-4BB3-42B9-9A68-688F6A0694B3.jpeg

Guess I know what I’ll be doing this afternoon...
😁

Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor