What did you do at work today?

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Had a pretty good interview today with a company in Michigan that builds engines for Nascar and other racing series. I hope I get this!!

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
We don't hand out participation trophies as uniform bling. My new/old director has a pretty serious rack of ribbons/medals by our standards. Dude has been in and seen some real sh*t... our conventional executive-level officers typically don't have anything that rivals his.

But, yes - that isn't a lot of tours. Looks like Bosnia, Afghanistan, and general service ribbon. Plus his Canadian Decoration (CD) with two clasps (12 + 10 + 10 years)... So for 32+ years of service it is light.

To be fair I only have my CD as I got in during the Afghan years and got passed over despite trying to go at the tail end. A trip to Latvia and Mali had little appeal over being a family man.

Maybe I'll go to the Ukraine to fight for the interests of the WEF... LOL.
Having a ribbon rack is nice & kinda shows off what you've done but there is really only one decoration on my uniform I care about since I was awarded it, my C.I.B., Combat Infantryman Badge. Didn't care if I would ever get it but proud to have it. I aways told the younger guys any dead fool can get it but don't f**k with mine.
234px-Combat_Infantry_Badge.svg[1].png

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Having a ribbon rack is nice & kinda shows off what you've done but there is really only one decoration on my uniform I care about since I was awarded it, my C.I.B., Combat Infantryman Badge. Didn't care if I would ever get it but proud to have it. I aways told the younger guys any dead fool can get it but don't f**k with mine.
View attachment 195666

We had lots of issues about the "quality" of the gongs and ribbons coming out of Afghanistan depending on the contribution and experience attributable to that period of service while on tour. The WOGs and POGs were getting/taking credit for the sacrifices of combat vets. Not cool, but hard to control. Individual decoration is a touchy subject as it lends to a class system, and I say that as a person in a combat trade married to a retired logistician. I know where my bullets and beans come from, and how ineffective my soldiers would be if left without.

I guess I just prefer a broad sense of humility in my service personnel.

I'll just quietly keep my *ss in the rear echelon for a while yet...

Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
View attachment 195666
know what you mean...the only way to wear this one is to earn it

1648871405021.png

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Had a pretty good interview today with a company in Michigan that builds engines for Nascar and other racing series. I hope I get this!!

I was informed today that I didn't get the job and I'm sick about it. Shucks.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Drove a 26' box truck to deliver some units we just built. Used a telehandler to load the old, contaminated units into a hazardous dumpster for safe removal.

Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
arrived at 9:10am, immediately visited the 'office' for a document 'download' and 'printed' some 'faxes'. 20 minutes later took my coffee into the warehouse and shot the sht with the deputy director of my agency and my co-workers for about 30 minutes. received a delivery of 3 boxes about 30 minutes later, stuck them in the corner. shot some more sht with the co-workers, watched some hilarious Youtube videos on our mobile phones, then went home early at 11:30am. jut sitting here for the rest of the day marking time in front of the computer

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor