What did you do at work today?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Somebody on the gun deck had a flash back to Nam and the "Mad Minute" exercises in ammo consumption and stress relief? Or failing that, the middle to late 80's were about when a lot of the cartels had operations running. All it would have taken is someone on watch spotting a striker carrying an AK or similar and the reaction would have been full auto and instantaneous.

As for [email protected]%, with all the "notes and tweaks", is there such a thing as a Beer Snob"?

Nick

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Somebody on the gun deck had a flash back to Nam and the "Mad Minute" exercises in ammo consumption and stress relief? Or failing that, the middle to late 80's were about when a lot of the cartels had operations running. All it would have taken is someone on watch spotting a striker carrying an AK or similar and the reaction would have been full auto and instantaneous.

As for [email protected]%, with all the "notes and tweaks", is there such a thing as a Beer Snob"?

Nick
ok, let's make simple beer

Beer Alcohol Content List​

Brand / Beer NameABV / %
BrewDog Sink The Bismark41%
Evil Twin Brewing Molotov Cocktail Heavy17.2%
Schorschbräu Schorschbock 43%43%
Baladin Espirit de Noel40%
Sam Adams Utopias29%
Brewmeister Armageddon65%
Brewmeister Snake Venom67.5%

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
ok, let's make simple beer

Beer Alcohol Content List​

Brand / Beer NameABV / %
BrewDog Sink The Bismark41%
Evil Twin Brewing Molotov Cocktail Heavy17.2%
Schorschbräu Schorschbock 43%43%
Baladin Espirit de Noel40%
Sam Adams Utopias29%
Brewmeister Armageddon65%
Brewmeister Snake Venom67.5%
Never understood the reason behind high gravity beers overloaded with alcohol. That's what a shot is for. You really want to get hammered drink spirytus. Beer is for casual sipping.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Well, not today, but 27 years ago, I was topside for this evolution. Best sunburn I ever had.

Amazing to watch a 1000-foot long container ship rise up beside you while you're down there at the bottom of the lock.
It's a pretty amazing process to see in person. I ate at a restaurant on the west end of the canals a couple times while I was working down there for Honda in 2018-2019. Those Maersk transport ships are incredible. Fees can exceed $1,000,000 for passage. Read up on the construction history. 20,000 lives were lost to mosquitoes alone. Unbelievable human feat.

Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
It's a pretty amazing process to see in person. I ate at a restaurant on the west end of the canals a couple times while I was working down there for Honda in 2018-2019. Those Maersk transport ships are incredible. Fees can exceed $1,000,000 for passage. Read up on the construction history. 20,000 lives were lost to mosquitoes alone. Unbelievable human feat.
And then Jimmy Carter, who may finally be getting displaced as worst president ever before our very eyes, signed a treaty to give it away for.... nothing.

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Never understood the reason behind high gravity beers overloaded with alcohol. That's what a shot is for. You really want to get hammered drink spirytus. Beer is for casual sipping.
me, I like a nice room temperature porter or stout, none of this frozen glass crap which is what they use to cover up the taste of crap beer like Budweiser, etc

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
me, I like a nice room temperature porter or stout, none of this frozen glass crap which is what they use to cover up the taste of crap beer like Budweiser, etc
While not an every day, or even every year, beverage, you can improve the taste of a budweiser by adding gin.

Ever take a deep breath around a Christmas tree grove with lots of aroma of spruces and such? The taste and fills your senses reminds me of that, it's a bit like drinking the smells of Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
While not an every day, or even every year, beverage, you can improve the taste of a budweiser by adding gin.

Ever take a deep breath around a Christmas tree grove with lots of aroma of spruces and such? The taste and fills your senses reminds me of that, it's a bit like drinking the smells of Christmas.
do we have to add enough gin to make it a beer with high ABV?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Probably not really.

Gin is about 80 proof. And you'd add what, maybe about 1 oz to a 16 oz budweiser that's 10 proof.

So, realistically you take 40 units plus another 80 units then divide by 17 ounces total volume. That's a 14 proof / 7%abv drink overall.

Of course, you probably want to drink lots of other things prior to having any budweiser, ever, so that's a whole different story

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Built a small bench top unit.

received_1026949677931085.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor