What did you do at work today?

Thursday and Friday I watched a guy paint cars, terribly. He’s new so it’s understandable. I tried to give him some pointers, but he obviously knows better than someone that did it for over 20 years. Trying to help painters, that don’t want it, is the worst part of my job.
It’s funny, I go into shops with guys that painted as long as me, or longer, are so much more receptive than the newer guys.
A guy who went to school 20 years ago was regularly told by teachers when he was wrong, and learned if you're not in the top 3 you won nothing.

A guy who went to school 5 years ago was never told by teachers he was ever wrong, learned that everyone gets a trophy no matter how bad they did, and that their s*** doesn't stink.

No wonder why the younger guys think they don't need to take advice from or listen to anyone.

A guy who went to school 20 years ago was regularly told by teachers when he was wrong, and learned if you're not in the top 3 you won nothing.

A guy who went to school 5 years ago was never told by teachers he was ever wrong, learned that everyone gets a trophy no matter how bad they did, and that their s*** doesn't stink.

No wonder why the younger guys think they don't need to take advice from or listen to anyone.
I showed my 14 year old clips of Mr. Hand from Fast Times at Ridgemont High and told him this is how many of our teachers were

Sometimes and it could allegedly be coincidental these young guys they come in contact with me and they have a nasty fall sometimes it's down a flight of stairs or threw a door there very accident pruned in the shop. I don't know why?

I showed my 14 year old clips of Mr. Hand from Fast Times at Ridgemont High and told him this is how many of our teachers were
We had an English teacher like that in high school. My older brother had him, then my sister, then me, then my younger brother. When that happened, my mother (an English teacher) raised hell and had my younger brother switched to a different teacher. I guess he didn't like me either when I corrected him on English. MrHand may have been strict but this guy was just an *ss.

Sometimes and it could allegedly be coincidental these young guys they come in contact with me and they have a nasty fall sometimes it's down a flight of stairs or threw a door there very accident pruned in the shop. I don't know why?
So in your shop osha is just half the exclamation they manage to say when they hit the ground before getting the 'it' out of their mouth right 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 08Malibu and Clutch
So in your shop osha is just half the exclamation they manage to say when they hit the ground before getting the 'it' out of their mouth right 😆
A listen a body shop is a very dangerous place accidents happen that's why we're there. And the repairs! Sometimes these clamps they slip chains fly towers bounce these things happen people should creep a safe working distance from the machines especially stupid people and know it all's better they don't come in the door so they don't learn the hard way. I'm just saying. Allegedly.

Reactions: 08Malibu
Kicked the day off with a meeting, and sent a debrief to my colleagues. Then my phone rang. It was a great friend of Natasha and mine who just so happened to be on the email. A long chat occurred as we talked shop and got caught up. When it was all said and done I had his support in openly addressing a contentious policy issue, and then he offered me a tour in Latvia. Hard pass at this time, buds. But, I am not closing the door. 😉

Then I fired off a heater of an email to him and my director for action. Glad another colleague raised the question late last week to give me a need to respond. How to say things without saying things about the subject? Hmmm...

Happy Episode 12 GIF by The Simpsons

The ATIP/FIOAs on this subject are going to be hilarious.

Got back into the day to day grind yesterday. Already starting to get slammed with work. Makes me wish I relaxed last week like everyone else that works there. My buddy Eric stops in every Tuesday for a payment so today we're going to measure the base circle of Cam lobes and pushrods while he is there. Hopefully I know exactly what I need to order soon.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor