What did you do at work today?

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Label on each end with a wire number. That panel is empty in comparison to some I've done.

Here's a busy panel, well, panels.

View attachment 197777
That stuff makes for bad days for me. The problem is I usually don't have a wiring schematic and am flying blind. Frustration to say the least when I am fixing stuff that is wired like that. Thanks for labeling both ends though.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Is it too much to ask for multiple colored wires? I hope the wires are labeled good?
Do you know how hard it is to get any TEW these days? LOL use what you can. I was quoted 28-34 weeks away for RW90. And I think I've had some TEW on backorder since last October now.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
After getting trained on the rollers I got a chance to use the walk behind on a 100'x2' patch for the first tim & it kicked my arse. Wish the paving crew didn't have to take our asigned 5 ton ride on roller.

Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Do you know how hard it is to get any TEW these days? LOL use what you can. I was quoted 28-34 weeks away for RW90. And I think I've had some TEW on backorder since last October now.
If it is hard for you guys to get supplies, think how hard it is for us to get replacement parts from you guys. Try getting a DEF sender or hydraulic valving.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
After getting trained on the rollers I got a chance to use the walk behind on a 100'x2' patch for the first tim & it kicked my arse. Wish the paving crew didn't have to take our asigned 5 ton ride on roller.
Now if you are talking about a Bomag rollers? You would be combing what I work on and what these wiring engineers are doing to me!

Reactions: 1 user

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Label on each end with a wire number

Oh, those labels that with time dry up and when you look at the wiring wrong, let alone touch anything, they fall off!

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Oh, those labels that with time dry up and when you look at the wiring wrong, let alone touch anything, they fall off!
Nope, these wrap all the way around the wire, and they're not paper. Plus we provide a wiring schematic with all of our tools. If you sit down and study our schematics, they use ladder logic, pretty easy to follow once you get used to them. Once you understand how we wire them, you don't even really need a schematic.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
:LOL:Oh, those labels that with time dry up and when you look at the wiring wrong, let alone touch anything, they fall off!
He's thinking fancy. Just take the time with a Dremel and fine tip to hand etch a nice legible number into the surface

What's a little more work for you guys, right?

• Haha

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Or we could get the printable heat shrink labels, those are so nice, quick and easy to use. FML

• Haha

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor