What did you do at work today?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Where were the Cops? Around here the answer would either be "Playing Social Worker/Pacifier to the local indigenous population", or, chasing drug dealers. 2024 City budget is on the floor for discussion at City Hall and one of the biggest ongoing line item increases is for police services; mostly overtime and for more hires, as well as time spent in court testifying. Oh, yeah, they want a new headquarteres building. Haven't seen a beat cop doing the stroll in more years than I am comfortable with. Come summertime they will be out and about on bicycles! Just your new age wisdumb at work.

Nick

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I don't think I've ever seen the back cover off an excavator before. Never really though about it just being a huge counter weight - always just assumed it was just a cover. Completely makes sense though
yeah its amazing how heavy they are, thats just a very small counter weight compared to our 336 and other big machines. I can't imagine what they weigh

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
At work last week I blubbered about I rather work on powerstroke 6.0 over most any other diesel. Well lucky me this week I worked on two. One was no start. Had high pressure oil leak. Only made 100psi cranking but needs over 500psi to start. Found the screen on the hpop pressure regulator caved with small bits holding the regulator open. Pulled the lid off the hpop and found the failure prone quick coupler still in this one. Swapped it out for the one piece. The other 6.0 had massive oil leak from the oil filter/oil cooler. New oil cooler and gaskets, good to go.

Attachments

• IMG_4809.jpeg
    IMG_4809.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4808.jpeg
    IMG_4808.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Project we have in the shop, customer ordered parts and this bubble level that gets mounted had some low quality garbage bracket with it. Drew it up in SolidWorks and made it a better design. Run it on the 3D Printer out of ABS or in the CNC out of some Aluminum. Haven't decided yet..

20240221_091842.jpg

20240221_092445.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
Project we have in the shop, customer ordered parts and this bubble level that gets mounted had some low quality garbage bracket with it. Drew it up in SolidWorks and made it a better design. Run it on the 3D Printer out of ABS or in the CNC out of some Aluminum. Haven't decided yet..

View attachment 235349

View attachment 235352
Took what? 10 minutes to model that?

I've always enjoyed the 3D modelling. Learned AutoCAD 3D back in university (Does anyone still use AutoCAD anymore?). Started learning SW a few years back and playing around with some stuff. Doing more now since I bought a 3D printer. Fusion 360 is really popular for hobbyists because they offer it for free. But I just can't get into it. Basic stuff sure, but after about 10 minutes I usually run into a roadblock and rather than trying to figure it out, I just go back to SW.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Took what? 10 minutes to model that?

I've always enjoyed the 3D modelling. Learned AutoCAD 3D back in university (Does anyone still use AutoCAD anymore?). Started learning SW a few years back and playing around with some stuff. Doing more now since I bought a 3D printer. Fusion 360 is really popular for hobbyists because they offer it for free. But I just can't get into it. Basic stuff sure, but after about 10 minutes I usually run into a roadblock and rather than trying to figure it out, I just go back to SW.
Yea, if 10 minutes. Definitely a simple one I've done much more complex stuff over the years.

I've used AutoCAD here at work, one of the sections was short on drafters so I was over there to help them for a little bit and get caught up.

I've used fusion 360 at friend's houses making stuff on a 3D Printer but yea no where near the capability. I had 5 classes on SW as part of my degree, modeling stuff is the basics on what I did, we got into stress analysis and all that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
When I was closing up shop last night my boss asked me if I had anything I'd like to powder coat since we're a bit ahead. So once I got home I put together this pile:
IMG_20240302_222302489.jpg

And after blasting the ones that I hadn't snuck into work over the last year and a half this is what I brought home:
IMG_20240303_200750873.jpg

The black is what we use on Kubota/ Land Pride parts and the silver will hopefully work as a base for Shadow Chrome spray paint, but I doubt it's shiny enough.

We also ran a bunch of big fancy toolboxes in every color of the rainbow as well as a some of these: IMG_20240303_094023359.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor