What did you do at work today?

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Past couple days I’ve been disassembling wear house racks as the plant is cleaning out for the final shutdown. Threw out about $20,000 of pneumatic pistons and other components ( just today)As one of the long time maintenance crew said “ The place is in its final death throes.” I won’t be there to see it happen,( I’m in the 2nd wave of job releases) but all the machines are to be dismantled and crushed. Here is a perspective of the sizes of them. This was when one of them first got installed. I worked there 22 yrs.She was a year old when I learned to run it (Before you add it up, I left the state and came back) View attachment 232266
are they letting you take the warehouse racks home?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA

Attachments

• 20240131_115926.jpg
    20240131_115926.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: 2 users
This is my brother’s car, he owns the shop where I work.
I’m sorting out some of the wiring and replacing some switches. He hopes to paint it this year, it’s been many years in the process. We need to get everything under the paint done first. It had been burned in the rear when he bought it.

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpeg
    IMG_0808.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0807.jpeg
    IMG_0807.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 5
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
This is my brother’s car, he owns the shop where I work.
I’m sorting out some of the wiring and replacing some switches. He hopes to paint it this year, it’s been many years in the process. We need to get everything under the paint done first. It had been burned in the rear when he bought it.
some updated wheels on there and its a beaut, makes me think of

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Managed to survive my last working day of the present rotation only to have some ?? decide that being in the left hand turn lane opposite me on the way home didn't mean they had to turn left just because the lane markings told them to. I did manage to execute my left and got out of the way of this squirrel only to watch the driver pass by me on the wrong side of the road; still headed straight!! Got home, went to the fridge and almost, but not quite, made it a Miller night.

Not sure what it is about warmth in the middle of winter. The squirrel factor went up about a thousand percent last week and I got to watch more misses and WTF? situations than I ever could be comfortable with. Glad I am out of the rotation for the next two weeks. The weather is supposed to remain warm but that, around here, tends to include either S*** or freezing rain. In either case, if I don't need to be and mucking around then I don't plan to.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Managed to survive my last working day of the present rotation only to have some ?? decide that being in the left hand turn lane opposite me on the way home didn't mean they had to turn left just because the lane markings told them to. I did manage to execute my left and got out of the way of this squirrel only to watch the driver pass by me on the wrong side of the road; still headed straight!! Got home, went to the fridge and almost, but not quite, made it a Miller night.

Not sure what it is about warmth in the middle of winter. The squirrel factor went up about a thousand percent last week and I got to watch more misses and WTF? situations than I ever could be comfortable with. Glad I am out of the rotation for the next two weeks. The weather is supposed to remain warm but that, around here, tends to include either S*** or freezing rain. In either case, if I don't need to be and mucking around then I don't plan to.

Nick
oh yeah, had an idiot a few weeks ago who decided to turn RIGHT at a major intersection while in the LEFT Turn lane. I was at the front of the line in the left-lane going straight. shthead pulls up next to me on my left in the LEFT TURN lane, sits for a few seconds, then floors it burning rubber and turns RIGHT passing in front of all us waiting for the green light so we can head west. and did I mention this was during afternoon rush hour? so all the lanes were packed full of people heading north/south and east/west. WTF were the cops?

1706942185103.png

Reactions: 1 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Inventory. 10300 different SKU's physically counted.
I'm waiting on IT to run the 3rd variance. Hopefully we are happy with it and can get out of here in only an hour or so. I know the electrical side looks pretty good. Not sure about the hydronic/plumbing and heating departments. I don't have anything to do with that side, or the way their staff prepared for inventory. My guys were pretty solid and well organized.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor