What did you do to/with your chainsaw today

Nov 4, 2012
Log splitters are OK too instead of death by 1000 cuts to the logs ;)

Also, stihls look underrepresented in the rear with a lot of husky up front.... switching allegiences?

This was a get together that a friend put on at his place. Everyone was trying to cut the thinnest cookies they could so there would be enough wood for everyone to make some cuts. I have no allegiance, I own both and they both have good and bad. I didn't really notice but I suppose there were a lot of Husqvarnas (Jonsereds too) there, however Stihl was well represented. If you look carefully you'll see an MS462, an 044 Hybrid and an MS500i in there. That I can remember, there were several 200T top handles, a handful of 026s, at least one other 066, multiple 461s. Makita/Dolmar also made an appearance. My 5105, some tin

I had my MS261, my MS461 and my 066, which I actually got up and running and made some cuts with. I didn't get any pictures/video of it running but someone else may have so I'll have to see.

Bet that was total p*rn moment for you.
I was pitching a tent for 2 straight days.

You got any small Stihl saws in there?
How small ya looking for?

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
This was a get together that a friend put on at his place. Everyone was trying to cut the thinnest cookies they could so there would be enough wood for everyone to make some cuts. I have no allegiance, I own both and they both have good and bad. I didn't really notice but I suppose there were a lot of Husqvarnas (Jonsereds too) there, however Stihl was well represented. If you look carefully you'll see an MS462, an 044 Hybrid and an MS500i in there. That I can remember, there were several 200T top handles, a handful of 026s, at least one other 066, multiple 461s. Makita/Dolmar also made an appearance. My 5105, some tin

I had my MS261, my MS461 and my 066, which I actually got up and running and made some cuts with. I didn't get any pictures/video of it running but someone else may have so I'll have to see.

I was pitching a tent for 2 straight days.

How small ya looking for?
I have an old 015av that I like. Something in that range to use to introduce my boy. My Farm Boss is a little much to start out with.

Reactions: 1 user

LeftLaneOnly

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2020
My easy start stihls ran great this weekend after sitting in the shed for a year... I hate that thing

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Tore into my 066 "parts saw". Bought this as a parts saw for my other 066 and still had most of a saw left over after getting the other one running so I'm gonna do a rebuild on this one too. Was planning on just doing crank seals and a carb kit and slamming it back together but got an itch to pull the cylinder and saw this.
20221011_184906.jpg

Now I'm gonna be into it for a least a piston and I already would've had a seal kit so I split the cases and I'll do bearings too. Kind of a rabbit hole I didn't want to jump down but if I can live with the ugly cases on this one I can still keep it relatively low cost. I'll get the case halves and tank in the dishwasher tomorrow and put the crank and everything else into the ultrasonic.
20221011_203204.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Tore into my 066 "parts saw". Bought this as a parts saw for my other 066 and still had most of a saw left over after getting the other one running so I'm gonna do a rebuild on this one too. Was planning on just doing crank seals and a carb kit and slamming it back together but got an itch to pull the cylinder and saw this.
View attachment 208757
Now I'm gonna be into it for a least a piston and I already would've had a seal kit so I split the cases and I'll do bearings too. Kind of a rabbit hole I didn't want to jump down but if I can live with the ugly cases on this one I can still keep it relatively low cost. I'll get the case halves and tank in the dishwasher tomorrow and put the crank and everything else into the ultrasonic.
View attachment 208758
We should open a poll on the project creep and whether you'll keep the ugly case long term considering all the work you've got going in

Reactions: 1 user

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
We should open a poll on the project creep and whether you'll keep the ugly case long term considering all the work you've got going in
He can do something different and paint the case Cub Cadet colors. Then it will match the tractors and cart.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor