What did you do to/with your chainsaw today

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Someone local posted one for sale that I was trying to get but they sold it, was the MTronic Stihl MS441C, which in the end of the day I'll take the manual Carb. Price was half of what it normally is so might have been stolen, his story didn't match the look of the saw. Really want a MS461 to tinker with but they are not cheap. Don't need it, want it haha..

Started my three for a quick run up, if I don't use them for a bit I start them every couple weekends.

CHAINSAWS.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Do electric saws get to play too? Picked me up a Makita UC4051A 16" saw after my El Cheapo Worx limbing saw/pole saw cracked the oil tank and started making a mess anywhere it was set. I still got my Stihl for the big stuff, but there is something to be said about not constantly needing hearing protection.
They cut too. I have a Stanley Craftsman pole saw that runs on their battery packs & I've worked that b*tch like she owed me money this summer. It was great to get the dead limbs out of the trees. Hell, I even used it to cut stuff that was ground level. Just don't like the fact I have to physically oil the chain myself but buying it at a price cheaper than what the battery itself cost was great.

Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I was looking at the Craftsman 24v L-Ion pole saw they have because my yard stuff takes that battery, and that thing was sold out everywhere. Bought a $30 12ft manual pole saw and a piece of PVC pipe to extend it, worked over my yard with it very well.

Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
They cut too. I have a Stanley Craftsman pole saw that runs on their battery packs & I've worked that b*tch like she owed me money this summer. It was great to get the dead limbs out of the trees. Hell, I even used it to cut stuff that was ground level. Just don't like the fact I have to physically oil the chain myself but buying it at a price cheaper than what the battery itself cost was great.
I will still need to replace my pole saw, but this is a nice middle ground between an 8 inch bar saw and a 20 inch bar saw.

I still have a few bundles of Amish sawmill endcuts and about 250-300 more Autumn Olive trees to deal with this year, so I hope this one performs as good as the reviews suggest.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Do electric saws get to play too? Picked me up a Makita UC4051A 16" saw after my El Cheapo Worx limbing saw/pole saw cracked the oil tank and started making a mess anywhere it was set. I still got my Stihl for the big stuff, but there is something to be said about not constantly needing hearing protection.
Depends.... how can we mod it?

Nah, I sorta get the appeal in a way... I had, I guess I'll say still have? Anyways. Wife bought me an electric craftsman chainsaw. 16" er. But I found it annoying in a way. Nothing worse than being partway through work and having the battery slowing then dying. While you wait to charge the body gets stiff and achy. Then you don't want to go back to it.

To me, something to be said for pulling over the gas can and getting right back to work. Then again, small brush and limb clearings have always been a higher volume job for me than someone in your traditional suburban small lot setting, so, your mileage/experience may vary. I can see where they have their place, depending on volume of work needs

Screwz

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2021
Arkansas
I just got this one
784526A2-5DE0-421A-ADE4-6CAC5A0DA812.jpeg
i Don’t need to use a chainsaw very often but ti came with 4 batteries and i have few blue tools

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I think the new saw is a win. When I set up to cut up brush, the wife actually confiscated the saw and started using it herself. I've never seen her do that with a gas saw!

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I think the new saw is a win. When I set up to cut up brush, the wife actually confiscated the saw and started using it herself. I've never seen her do that with a gas saw!
Biggest drawback with gas, to some, is the smell from the exhaust. Myself, I kinda like it. It's a fall scent like pumpkin spice or apple. Maybe glade needs to make a plug in, harvest chainsaw?

• Informative
  • Friendly
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor