Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 967

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
Put a heater core in my Regal and removed my battery to hook it up to the battery charger since it's been sitting so long. :(

tk76

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2013
Town of Tonawanda,NY
Joined G-Body Fourm and looked at pics of my car. Now I have new found motivation to get back to work on my Monte.

Attachments

• kraebel faimly 1183.JPG
    kraebel faimly 1183.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 870

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
SilverShadow87 said:
bought, washed and brought it home. gonna fiddle with it tomorrow to get it to run... tune up time
monte_zps703914aa.jpg

thats an awesome looking color for that body style monte

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
I finally got motivated to try and tackle my transmission line installation on the 87......took the oil filter and mount, the header out.....still couldn't get the lines from Inline Tube to get anywhere near to mounting up in there....and it looks like they may have to be run to the inside of motor mount, near pan??? Anyone tell me if they run to the inside or the outside of the motor mount, for the 200-4R transmission? It looks like in the service manual they are to be run on the outside of motor mount, secured with a clip.....I don't see the 333 and headers making that much of a difference, but by looking at it in the car, they seem to make enough troble to warrant running them differently?

If they run to the inside, I dread pulling the motor and transmission to put them in....although I will probably have to, so I can mount my Lokar shifter as well......It is actuated by a threaded rod, not a cable...so I am going to have a heck of a time mounting it.

:evil:

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
papabearxl said:
I finally got motivated to try and tackle my transmission line installation on the 87......took the oil filter and mount, the header out.....still couldn't get the lines from Inline Tube to get anywhere near to mounting up in there....and it looks like they may have to be run to the inside of motor mount, near pan??? Anyone tell me if they run to the inside or the outside of the motor mount, for the 200-4R transmission? It looks like in the service manual they are to be run on the outside of motor mount, secured with a clip.....I don't see the 333 and headers making that much of a difference, but by looking at it in the car, they seem to make enough troble to warrant running them differently?

If they run to the inside, I dread pulling the motor and transmission to put them in....although I will probably have to, so I can mount my Lokar shifter as well......It is actuated by a threaded rod, not a cable...so I am going to have a heck of a time mounting it.

:evil:
Heck, I may just set these new OEM lines from Inline Tube to the side, and go have some good braided lines made and route it however I want to....

tk76

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2013
Town of Tonawanda,NY
If the transmission lines are formed like OE they would go right up against the engine. Near the front there was a bracket that bolts up an oil pan bolt. It is easier with the starter already in, because the line go under the starter. Also you shouldn't have to remove the header or motor mount. In the future the line can be installed with the engine and transmission before you put them in the car. Just be patiantand you may have to slightly bend the lines.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
tk76 said:
If the transmission lines are formed like OE they would go right up against the engine. Near the front there was a bracket that bolts up an oil pan bolt. It is easier with the starter already in, because the line go under the starter. Also you shouldn't have wto remove the header or motor mount. In the future the line can be installed with the engine and transmission before you put them in the car. Just be patiantand you may have to slightly bend the lines.
Actually, for the Olds motor, it is the oil.filter, not starter, on passenger side. I appreciate the agreement about the clip and mounting to the outside of motor mount. Just don't see how I am gonna.get them in there....i was in such a.hurry to put the motor and transmission in, i forgot.about the lines......hoping my story will keep someone else from forgetting to install them.before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor