What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I riveted my trunk trim back together and installed my fiberglass rear fillers. I took a lot of pics and I'm planning to do a bit of a product review on my build thread.

Installed new radiator shroud bolts and some woven Russell wrap-it around my gas line from the pump to carb.

This weekend I changed the oil and filter, cleaned the inside of the distributor cap and rotor, new air filter, finished replacing the rest of the vacuum lines, and installed new front Moog 5658 springs (cut down for a good drop).
I also started working on custom LED tail lights. These will be high-speed, never seen anyone build a set like what I'm doing.
Next weekend is a new trans filter/pan gasket.

Got my new electric fan shroud made. Its .040" 3003 aluminum. Putting in 2 16" 2800 cfm fans in a puller/pusher setup.
aluminumshroud_zps091cc293.jpg

-83MONTESS- said:
Got my new electric fan shroud made. Its .040" 3003 aluminum. Putting in 2 16" 2800 cfm fans in a puller/pusher setup.
aluminumshroud_zps091cc293.jpg

Is there a way to modify your new shroud so that it is not so close to the core of the radiator? With the aluminum sitting right up to the fins like that, you'll only get airflow across the circle cutout area and the rest of the tubes will do nothing for you, or very little anyway.

tc1959 said:
Drove it all the way across town to the only Pool and Spa supply that had the parts for our hot tub.
I got the leaky pump fixed , Another "honey Do" off the list. :banana:

I work on pumps for a living. You could have driven to Peoria with it. No, not Peoria AZ, but Peoria Illinois. 12 dollars for parts and 500.00 for gas. I'd have thrown in the labor as a fellow G body owner. Can't beat that deal. LOL

Poncho61 said:
tc1959 said:
Drove it all the way across town to the only Pool and Spa supply that had the parts for our hot tub.
I got the leaky pump fixed , Another "honey Do" off the list. :banana:

I work on pumps for a living. You could have driven to Peoria with it. No, not Peoria AZ, but Peoria Illinois. 12 dollars for parts and 500.00 for gas. I'd have thrown in the labor as a fellow G body owner. Can't beat that deal. LOL
:lol:

Poncho61 said:
Is there a way to modify your new shroud so that it is not so close to the core of the radiator? With the aluminum sitting right up to the fins like that, you'll only get airflow across the circle cutout area and the rest of the tubes will do nothing for you, or very little anyway.
When I finally mount it all I will use 1/4" or 1/8" spacers to get it off the radiator. There is alittle space between it now and with the big fan it should be able to draw in enough air for it not to be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor