What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RunAwayNJ said:
Cutty78 said:
I installed the much-needed missing piece for my FREE steering wheel I got from a friend......the ROCKET! 😀
100_0810_zps75007a3b.jpg

That looks awesome! Which wheel is it and where can you get the rocket center? I'd love to put that on mine!
The wheel is the 729 F/X,retails for $182...nice thick rim and contoured. The polished center version is the 737 F/X($200.00),and they sell another like it polished at Autozone for $99.99,its the 727 F/X. The center cap is Grant part # 5654,and I bought mine from Sumit on Ebay for $21.00 shipped. The auction is still up,I got it in 2 days. Just do a search for "Grant 5654" and you'll find it. I'm thinking about getting the polished install kit now,maybe even buying the polished 727 at Autozone,the black install kit just looks boring,I like shiny stuff........ 😀

Cutty78 said:
RunAwayNJ said:
Cutty78 said:
I installed the much-needed missing piece for my FREE steering wheel I got from a friend......the ROCKET! 😀
100_0810_zps75007a3b.jpg

That looks awesome! Which wheel is it and where can you get the rocket center? I'd love to put that on mine!
The wheel is the 729 F/X,retails for $182...nice thick rim and contoured. The polished center version is the 737 F/X($200.00),and they sell another like it polished at Autozone for $99.99,its the 727 F/X. The center cap is Grant part # 5654,and I bought mine from Sumit on Ebay for $21.00 shipped. The auction is still up,I got it in 2 days. Just do a search for "Grant 5654" and you'll find it. I'm thinking about getting the polished install kit now,maybe even buying the polished 727 at Autozone,the black install kit just looks boring,I like shiny stuff........ 😀

Thanks for the info! i know what I'll be installing next weekend!

Finally started my new engine. Gotta check all of the fluids and do some tuning, but that LT4 cam sounds sweet!

That looks awesome! Which wheel is it and where can you get the rocket center? I'd love to put that on mine![/quote] The wheel is the 729 F/X,retails for $182...nice thick rim and contoured. The polished center version is the 737 F/X($200.00),and they sell another like it polished at Autozone for $99.99,its the 727 F/X. The center cap is Grant part # 5654,and I bought mine from Sumit on Ebay for $21.00 shipped. The auction is still up,I got it in 2 days. Just do a search for "Grant 5654" and you'll find it. I'm thinking about getting the polished install kit now,maybe even buying the polished 727 at Autozone,the black install kit just looks boring,I like shiny stuff........ 😀[/quote]

Which install kit did you use? I saw 3 different options and want to make sure i get the right one.

RunAwayNJ said:
The wheel is the 729 F/X,retails for $182...nice thick rim and contoured. The polished center version is the 737 F/X($200.00),and they sell another like it polished at Autozone for $99.99,its the 727 F/X. The center cap is Grant part # 5654,and I bought mine from Sumit on Ebay for $21.00 shipped. The auction is still up,I got it in 2 days. Just do a search for "Grant 5654" and you'll find it. I'm thinking about getting the polished install kit now,maybe even buying the polished 727 at Autozone,the black install kit just looks boring,I like shiny stuff........ 😀[/quote]

Which install kit did you use? I saw 3 different options and want to make sure i get the right one.[/quote]
It is the 3196 for the plain (they sell them at Autozone $20),5196 for polished or black polished.

Cutty78 said:
RunAwayNJ said:

Which install kit did you use? I saw 3 different options and want to make sure i get the right one.[/quote]
It is the 3196 for the plain (they sell them at Autozone $20),5196 for polished or black polished.[/quote]

Thanks! I just ordered everything, so I know what next weekends project will be. I got the Grant 714 wheel. Its the 3 spoke 14" satin with the mahogany grip and the black adapter kit. I found the last one of each on Amazon for about $15 less than they were on Ebay. I got the rocket center cap off Ebay from Summit - same price. I should have everything by Wednesday ready to put in.

Thanks for the help!

Got it out of the garage for the first time since November. I washed it good and went on a cruise. After driving a Cavalier for the winter I almost forgot how fun this thing is to drive.
wash1_zps40971bdd.jpg

wash2_zps101dd5c0.jpg

modified my transmission cable bracket to accept the 700r4 bolt pattern and 4l6oe cable from the 03 envoy I snagged the shifter out of... damn my welding skills are getting good! :mrgreen:

then the day turned bad...

yanked the 327 yet again... oil pan hadn't quite sealed properly, so everytime it ran for a couple minutes, I'd have a spot the size of a grapefruit on the driveway....... :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor